Thread: Stock options

Tins7537

Stock options

Ok, I have been through hundreds of pages looking for a suitable replacement stock for a 111 long action with a DBM. Thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.

thomae
    Centerfeed? Stagger feed? What kind of stock do you want? How are you going to use the rifle? Please give us a little more information.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1366270.htm
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1366280.htm

ellobo
    Check with Boyds. I think they have started doing DBM on some of thier stocks.

El Lobo

Bullhed78
    I just got a Hogue full bed for my 116 Weather Warrior center feed DBM from Midway USA. It was around $200 shipped. I used it to replace my Accustock. It did nothing for the accuracy of the rifle. Didn't make it better or worse but I can say I really like the feel of the stock.
    Edit: The Hogue stock does NOT work with side button release DBM's
    Last edited by Bullhed78; 02-14-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: The Hogue stock does NOT work with side button release DBM's

Trigger Happy
    I'm also interested in this topic. I really don't care much for the plastic stocks but I recently came upon a deal on an unfired 2004 111 that I couldn't refuse.
    I'd like to get something with THE Classic look like the one in this link from above http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1366280.htm but it does not look the same in the area of the mag.
    Here is a couple pics of the gun.

I've tried to call Numrich and Boyds to get more detailed info but they have been swamped and have long hold times. I don't mind doing some finale fitting or modification, but the ones I've seen don't seem to be the same in the magazine area. I also called Savage and they said they did not offer a wooden stock for this model.

stangfish

Trigger Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    That looks close but it is a "LH" and I beleive the "SA" is short action. My gun is a long action.

Trigger Happy
    So far my best option seems to be to get a LA blind magazine stock and cut out the magazine and button release where needed, as long as it has the top bolt release. I'll post a picture if I can get it done.

BWB
    Boyds' will be offering Savage 10/110 DBM options beginning of March 2013

Tins7537
    It's a DBM center feed. Using it for mostly long range hunting 500yds+. Some target. Synthetic but would consider wood if the design is right.