Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your BEST Group!

SuperKaos

Lets See Your BEST Group!

So far I have 2 really good groups on paper. I don't spend much time papering, I mostly shoot reactive targets.

But yesterday I tried to group my .308 again now that is has about 27 or so rounds through it to see if it has tighten up.

I have one group of my Savage 12 FCV .223 at 200 yards, and one group of my new Savage 12 FVSS .308 at 100 yards.

Here is a few of mine.

1st is a factory Savage Model 12FV .22-250 53gr Vmax 5 shots @ 100 yards.

2nd is my Model 110 6.5-284 CBI 26" Varmint Barrel 140 Amax @ 100 yards. 5th shot was my fault as I was to worked up over the group I was shooting.

3rd is a Model 11 .204 Ruger pieced together with all factory Savage parts includding the 26" Savage Varmint barrel. 40gr Vmax @ 100 yards.

4th is my Savage Model 111 .260 Ackley 26" CBI Varmint barrel at 200 yards with 140 grain Bergers.

Only three shots (yeah I know)...but considering I was just doing pressure/velocity testing with 8208XBR I'd say I found an accuracy node.

22" 1:7 Criterion 223AI
    80gr A-Max
    25.8gr 8208XBR
    ~2930fps

SuperKaos
    Nice, very nice groups. I have yet to get my 12 FVSS .308 to really print at 200 yards. I guess I have to try some time soon.

Basic Member
    Here are two 10 shot groups at 300 meters with my LRP 260. I wanted to make sure that I had solved the odd-ball flyer issue I was having with SMK 142s.

I have some tiny 3 shot groups at 100 yards, but those are not as interesting to me.

Basic Member
    heres a few of mine
    100 yards 5 shot group during testing of scope

same 308 practicing on a mr63 @300yds 20 shots

and the rifle

Basic Member
    A few of my sporter rifle "wallet" 100 yd groups. Mostly all three shot groups. Its all I load when hunting goats so I don't care about 4,5,6, 7...or more!

Blue Gun's first 5 shots ever out of that barrel after three ( 25,50,100) to get on paper.

The one marked "CB" was the clean barrel shot, the one across form the ".3" was the second and finally the last three.

A 260 Rem.

My 250 Improved

My 338 Federal

And finally .......fire forming 22-250 Imp brass with .223" 40gr Hornet bullets Where the other six went is still a mystery!

Bill

Basic Member
    Here's one with my Savage in .243 with and E.R. Shaw Barrel

Here's one I shot after getting my Shaw Barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor put on my new build. The measurement may not be exactly correct because it was raining cats and dogs and the paper was trashed...but anyway they all went in one hole... Best group I've ever shot.

And here's my best group from my .270 I build with a Numrich barrel I bought for $80 a couple of years ago.

SuperKaos

Same Hole! Same Hole!

WoW! a lot of really nice shooting going on!

Today I tried some Sierra 150 gr GK BTSP for the first time. Shooting at 100 yards I fired the first shot inside the 1" mark. Let it cool for a minute and fired the second, didn't see another hole It stumped me for a second

Then I thought, wow, same hole as if there was only one shot fired

So needless to say, I'm loading up more 150 SGK's

Basic Member
    [QUOTE=SuperKaos;166742]WoW! a lot of really nice shooting going on! Today I tried some Sierra 150 gr GK BTSP for the first time. Shooting at 100 yards I fired the first shot inside the 1" mark. Let it cool for a minute and fired the second, didn't see another hole It stumped me for a second

Then I thought, wow, same hole as if there was only one shot fired

Makes you smile doesn't it!

esquared
    Savage 110 FCP shooting 300 grain Berger hybrids at 100 yards 3 shot group.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

mcgowen 6br build. This seems to be the norm for the rifle. Not always the norm for me though...LOL

and the rifle at the time(now in different stock)

Last edited by pdog06; 02-23-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

mugsie
    I really have to know - are these groups shot off a bi-pod and a spported stock, bipod and shoulder, bench rest and rear bag, off hand standing on one foot, shooting over weak shoulder while texting? How were they accomplished? Come on guys - fess up.

Titandriver
    LRPV 260 McGowen:

SuperKaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Titandriver View Post
    LRPV 260 McGowen:
    WoW! That's tight!

SuperKaos
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsie View Post
    I really have to know - are these groups shot off a bi-pod and a spported stock, bipod and shoulder, bench rest and rear bag, off hand standing on one foot, shooting over weak shoulder while texting? How were they accomplished? Come on guys - fess up.
    I'm on bags shouldering the stock right now. But most of MY accuracy is from load development. Once I get done testing and finding the OCW for all my loads I'll switch to a bi-pod alone.

65impala
    This one isn't me best group ever, just the best that I have on my computer...I shot it laying prone in the blowing snow with my AR-15 back in December. I think the temps were 11 degrees and I pulled the fifth shot from not being able to feel my fingers! Still, if you measure the ones where I didn't screw up the group is a .381", if you include the screwup it was a .65x" I think...

And here's my little perch at 105 yards from the target. The target is the white spot just above the end of the muzzle and slightly left, right where the clearing starts to turn back uphill again.

...and yes, I parked between me and the target, but if I ever get so bad that I miss the target by 20 yards halfway between me and the target then it's time to sell the guns anyway....:)

65impala
    To include a savage in there here's my one and only group I've shot from ym new gun I just finished earlier this week. The shots are the first five shots down the tube, numberd in order. Shots 4 and 5 were me adjusting the scope to get my impact where I wanted it before switching targets...

I'll work to improve these as I find a good load that this rifle likes. Here's the shooting conditions from Thursday right before I shot the target:

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsie View Post
    I shoot groups off of a bench we built with two sandbags that I bought at Walmart a couple of years ago.

I shoot mine off a Caldwell Rock BR front rest and a rear bag or Bipod and rear bag both off a bench.

Shot these a couple years ago doing load development for some ammo to ship ahead to Ireland for the Creedmoor Cup. I wish I could say that I always got results like this... I dang near cried when that barrel finally gave up on me. Shot off a bench using a Centershot bipod & rear bag.

Savage 12 LRP 6.5 CM, factory 120 A-Max ammo, Harris bipod, rear bag, from prone (7 shots):

Still getting the hang of shooting from a bench with front rest and bags and all... 5 shots from the new .30 BR:

Wind was gusting pretty good (moving the target) and I tried to hold off for it on that last shot on the right hand target... oops.

Basic Member
    This is my best ever way back in 1989 from a stock Browning A bolt in 270. It is 3 shots and measures about .3 oc.

This one is a 300 weatherby custom rig built on a Rem 700 action with a sporter weight barrel with load data shown on target

Another 3 shot at 100 yards as all of these are. This is a custom 700 rem chambered in 270 lilja barrel etc

And finally a 223 group from my Stock savage 10 FLCPK bolt gun a few weeks after getting it. I have countless sub .4" groups with that rifle and really have a lot of fun with it and the 308 big brother.

150gr SMK....40.0 Varget 5 shots
    Modle 10 24" fluted/threaded 5r Mil Spec 11;25twist HS precision stock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast