I wish to start by saying that I am a new member on this forum and wish to thank in advance anyone who might be able to answer a few of my questions...

I have been interested in long range target shooting for a long time now and finally decided to jump in this complex and addicting world of precision shooting. I have a Savage model 12 Long Range Precision on order chambered in 260 Remington but I do have a few questions.

1- Savage states that the barrel is made of carbon steel but does not mention anything about the action... I noticed the bolt on this rifle is jeweled. So my question is: Is the jeweled bolt made out of stainless steel or chrome moly steel?

2- How about the action itself, stainless steel or chrome moly?

Reason I'm asking is because I do see some Savage rifles that show a chrome moly barrel with a blued bolt, while others have blued barrels and jeweled bolts... So got me thinking and wondering if the jeweled bolts might be made out of stainless... The other thing I noticed is that the (Target Actions) that Savage sell are all made out of stainless steel...

Thank you in advance for helping me out with my questions.

Globalflyer