I got my new mcgowen barrel in that I ordered from Jim at NSS who was a pleasure to work with, I had my new barrel within one week. The new barrel was chambered in 30-06, well after getting barrel on and headspaced I took it to the range to break it in. To make a long story short after I had shot over 22 shots thru the barrel I was still getting just as much copper as I was on the first shot. To say the least I was quite frustrated. So after talking to Jim and a few emails from mcgowen I have sent the barrel back to them to see what the problem is. I did notice quite a few tool marks on the crown and after I took barrel off yesterday I could see a burr about 2 inches down from the crown. The people at mcgowen responded quick to all my questions and said if it was anything wrong with the barrel that they caused they would fix it or replace it free of charge so we will see what the verdict is in the coming weeks. Just my luck on my first barrel job I get a bad one. I guess it happens though, I have not written mcgowen off just yet.