Thread: Millet LRS-1 vs Vortex Viper

308law

Millet LRS-1 vs Vortex Viper

I recently shot a rifle with the Millet LRS-1 and really liked it, however I am curious as to anybody's opinion on the comparison between these two scopes. I'm looking for a prairie dog scope for my 22-250 out to 600 or 700 yrds.
    http://swfa.com/Millett-6-25x56-LRS-...pe-P11275.aspx
    http://swfa.com/Vortex-65-20x44-Vipe...pe-P13285.aspx
    Somebody that has used both I would love your opinion, or if somebody has another recomendation in this price range.

seanhagerty
    It was good shooting with you yesterday. I look forward to another range day.

Sean

Clayelk1
    i don't know about the millet, considering iv never held one much less shot with one. i have many vortex optics i love all of them. i have a 4-16x56 viper pst the scope is excellent, tracks perfect and gathers light awesome. vortex has the best warranty in the business.

Cameraland has the Viper for $150.00 less, no contest at that price.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/v...exviper6-20x44

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

308law
    Thanks Clay, I'd like to hear from someone that has used both back to back.
    Thanks Sean, I had a great time, My friend and I are both going to join and hopefully be at the steel match next month. He is excited about the rifle range too. I loved that Millet but I'm not sure whether to buy one of those or a Vortex.

seanhagerty
    Millett CS has been great to me. The only drawback on that scope is the clicks arent real sure. Beyond that, I am all over the Millett.

Sean

308law
    Ya Dean, I know that but I really want some kind of milling reticle for the longer range. I was using a duplex yesterday at 600 yrds on steel and it is a real pain. In the prairie dog fields a mil-dot or other ranging reticle is helpful out past 300 yrds, especially in the wind.

Basic Member
    I wasn't overly impressed with the Millet LRS-1 I looked at, but I have a friend who swears by them. This is a guy who owns multiple Nightforce BR scopes, and he recommends the Millet and uses one in local club matches pretty often, and he wins!

Andrew

Basic Member
    Millet is made in China, sorry but the glass isn't good. The vortex has good glass, and is just in a whole different class all together. Don't want to step on any toes, but millet is just a bad investment, all those features, at that price, equates to poor construction and bad glass every time.

rscotth
    My TRS scopes track well and I can ring the gong at the 600 yard range. I now have 3 and they return to zero every time and gather enough light that it extends the time in my stand by almost 8 minutes in the evening where I can't see to the end of either of my food plots with the naked eye.
    I don't own a Vortex and since I don't own one I WILL NOT make a blind review but the reviews from the people who actually own and use them is enough for me to purchase one with confidence. Bottom line, personal preference..............
    Last edited by rscotth; 02-08-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Toning down my sarcasm...

308law
    I shot seanhagerty"s TRS-1 at 600 yrds last weekend, the glass was as good or better than my Leupold vari x 3, I have not looked through a Vortex Viper to compare. I plan on buying one of the camerland special vipers, but I was wanting a comparison of the model with the mil-dot.

seanhagerty
    It was an LRS model.