Thread: CBI Heavy Sporter in B&C Medalist Sporter Stock

57Loader

CBI Heavy Sporter in B&C Medalist Sporter Stock

Looking at building a .280 Rem from a 116 SS action. I'd like to use a B&C Medalist Sporter and a CBI Heavy Sporter Barrel. Will it fit without too much work or do I need to use a standard sporter barrel?

I've searched everywhere for measurements of the barrel channel and I'm not having any luck.

LRJammer
    I have used heavier barrels with the B&C stocks. You just have to spend some time with some apropriately sized deep well sockets with sand paper wrapped around them until the barrel channel will accept the barrel. You might want to look into a varmint/tactical stock to begin with as they are generally made with a larger barrel channel to begin with and require less work.

57Loader
    Bringing this one back to the top. I just ordered my barrel, ended up getting the CBI Light Varmint Contour because that is what Jim had in stock.

Anyone else ever fit the Lt Varmint barrel into a B&C Medalist Sporter Stock? I'm not worried about the work, I'll sand it all day. I'm worried about running out of material before the barrel floats.....Thanks.