Thread: Rifle Basix Sav-2 Question

hoytenticer

Rifle Basix Sav-2 Question

I'm putting together an F Class rifle. Rifle will only be used for these competitions. Just installed a Riflebasix Sav-2 trigger. I understand all of the adjustments and have adjusted accordingly for a very light pull. Also using the red spring. Here's my question, is it normal for a trigger when it's set down in the ounces range to trip when doing a bump test? It doesn't go off on it's own, or when the bolt is cycled, etc. Just when doing a bump safety test. If it isn't I'll probably need to adjust the sear engagement screw. Please advise. Thanks to all in advance.

Basic Member
    You are inviting an accident, and need to adjust further to pass the bump and bolt slam tests. Yes, the sear engagement and the spring adjustment for sear pressure can be modified to address this. A couple of weeks ago I had my Sav2 slam-fire at the shooting range; fortunately the rife was on the rest and safely pointed down range (even hit the target). It appeared to be safely adjusted prior to this, passing the various bump and slam tests, but apparently something worked "loose" over time. Better safe than sorry!!

Nandy
    If the rifle wont pass the bump test then the adjustment is not safe... I do not know if there is anything you can do to get a more "positive" engagement on the sear... If you decide to still use the rifle while it is set up like this make sure the gun is pointed in the target direction and only close the bolt when you are ready to fire. If the gun stays operating as it is you should not have a problem but you never know when some other factor (weather, gun wear/tear) is going to change this from failing a bump test to fail when closing the bolt. Be very careful, weight your options and good luck.

hoytenticer
    OK. Thanks for the input guys. You confirmed what I thought. I don't like the idea of a gun not passing a bump test. I will adjust accordingly until it is safe. Thanks again.

Basic Member
    Also, once you get the trigger adjusted to where you want it, don't forget to apply some lock tite, or finger nail polish to the adjustment screws. If you don't, they will losen up. I found that out from first hand experience, but I've never had a problem since I've used lock tite.

Ken

hoytenticer
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaware_Ken View Post
    Also, once you get the trigger adjusted to where you want it, don't forget to apply some lock tite, or finger nail polish to the adjustment screws. If you don't, they will losen up. I found that out from first hand experience, but I've never had a problem since I've used lock tite.

Ken
    Always use loctite.

acemisser
    did it trip with the safety on or off...I f it does not do it with the saftey on..I would leave it alone....