Thread: Where are the mag boxes?

Where are the mag boxes?

I've got an opportunity to buy a Savage 111 for a decent price. The only problem is that it has the side-button drop magazine and a plastic stock. If I get it, I'd want to replace the stock (probably with a Boyd's laminate). I'm assuming that means I need to convert to blind mag. The problem is that I can't find any long action blind-mag magazine boxes in stock anywhere.

Questions:
    Anybody got a lead on who has the magazine box in stock?
    What else will I need to do a side-release mag to blind mag conversion?

Did you try savage directly?

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Did you try savage directly?

Dean
    D'oh!

Uh . . . no, I didn't think of that . . . I'll check with them.

Anybody know if I need any thing else?

You have to have a part number when you call them, so go to midway and look up the part #, midway has there number and also savages part #, savage will ask you for the serial # just tell you have the part# you want, believe me they don't want to hear about your conversion or modifying, don't forget it comes in two parts the box and spring part, and maybe a third part depending if it is a center feed it will also have that L shaped clip.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    just call savage and talk to Effie. Tell her what you need and as long as it is not a savage restricted item she will help you out.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

I am sure going to remember that name, every time I have called, it's like the Spanish Inquisition with the questions, I always end up with what I need, but never the less.

Tanks Dean

ellobo
    Those side button rifles I believe go back before the change in management. In which case they will not service that rifle with parts or information. I could be wrong on that but don't be surprised if that is the answer you get from Savage.

El Lobo

Side button magazines were made from 1966 to when they changed to the centerfeed magazines, and even continued on beyond that to a very limited degree in extra el-cheapo package rifles.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

ellobo
    I stand corrected,,,, Again

Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    just call savage and talk to Effie. Tell her what you need and as long as it is not a savage restricted item she will help you out.
    +1, I got to meet Effie Sullivan at the 2012 NRA Show in St. Louis. We talked for about a half hour. Very knowledgable and helpful lady. She is definatly the person you want to talk to.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

When you call go to ext. 6 it will take you right to her desk phone.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow