I am a little confused over what actions are being offered currently by savage. I realize this may have been discussed in another thread but I could not find it. Thought there would be something in the "savage faqs" section but no.

I am very familiar with the standard short and long actions that are offered by savage.

I guess what I want to know is what else is currently being offered by savage and can you purchase these actions separate? I have seen a few of these actions for sale but I am confused by what configurations are available or are currently in production by savage:

Target action: long/short or both? single shot/repeater or both? Some have the left side port and some have rightside port?

LRP: Difference between this and the target action? Is this just a repeater target action? Where can you buy these? Small shank/Large shank?

Varmint: Difference between this and the LRP, Target, and standard?

It would be nice if Jim at Northland could supply detailed pics of the actions he gets so there is no confusion! (No I am not bashing Jim I am just saying it would make sense and there may be more time for him to sell things rather than try to explain it on the phone)