Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I just ordered a 10FLCP-K

Basic Member

So I just ordered a 10FLCP-K

I can't wait to get this thing. I haven't seen many posts here about it. Once I get it I will have to let you guys know what I think. Well I need some good glass for it first. I'm thinking the new Vortex PST when it comes out. I'm sorry this isn't much of a post but I had to tell somebody I got the gun on the way! :D

steveinwv

Re: So I just ordered a 10FLCP-K

Congrats. I got mine a month ago. Super gun. What caliber did you get?

Basic Member

I built an AR so one .223 is good enough for me.

Uncle Jack

Got mine about a month ago also. .308....take a good set of earmuffs. That muzzle brake is loud.

uj

Basic Member

What are you two shooting for loads or factory ammo?

Uncle Jack

I'm still working up 168grn SMK's with 4064 and 748 and got some very promising results with 748. Next comes the 190grn SMK's.

uj

P.S. I haven't fired a factory round (other than steel duck loads) in over 40 years.

FLSTF

If it weren't for the brake I'd be another proud owner. Congrats on the new rifle!

Basic Member

Not that the Break bothers me but does anybody know how this is attached? Is it just threaded? If that's the case I run a CNC lathe for a living. I could just make a thread protector for it!

Uncle Jack

If you do, make me one too.

uj

Basic Member

Well I will be sure to check it out once I pick mine up!

Uncle Jack

Actually, if you were to make a dozen, you could probably sell them all right here.

uj

firemachine69

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jack
    Got mine about a month ago also. .308....take a good set of earmuffs. That muzzle brake is loud.

uj

I prefer the term "beautiful", or "exciting", myself. :D

Basic Member

That's a good way of putting it!

Quote Originally Posted by cf7go
    Not that the Break bothers me but does anybody know how this is attached? Is it just threaded? If that's the case I run a CNC lathe for a living. I could just make a thread protector for it!
    or a sleeve... should be threaded on
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

egavas

I'll be partaking in a 110 FCP-K in 300 Win Mag. next month. I too can't wait. I just hope it's accurate from 600 to 1000 yds. I can't find any accuracy reports online for this model so I'm kinda going in blind.

Basic Member

it would look just like this!

[img width=600 height=449]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/cf7go/barrelsleeve.jpg[/img]

thanks to Hooper Ordnance for the picture!

beradon

Yes its definitely threaded on and w/rocktite. I don't know how many TPI but pretty sure its not 1/2 x 28

Basic Member

I'll figure it out when I get it. I do lots of treading at work so thats not a problem.

steveinwv

Why is it that everyone wants to know the thread size of this barrel? Just buy a FP to start with. For the difference in price you could almost replace the tupperware stock with an H&S. Or is the brake supposed to be totally inefficient? Or are the flutes worth that much money? Why not cut the barrel off and recrown? The POI change with and without the brake would make taking it on and off a pain in the ass, at least as often as I shoot. What's up?

Basic Member

The only reason I bought this model is because it was a lefty and I thought it looks sweet. I won't be taking the brake off. I was just stating that if I did take it off, I could just make my own thread protector/sleeve. Thats all. I am sure for some people its too loud.

firemachine69

Quote Originally Posted by steveinwv
    Why is it that everyone wants to know the thread size of this barrel? Just buy a FP to start with. For the difference in price you could almost replace the tupperware stock with an H&S. Or is the brake supposed to be totally inefficient? Or are the flutes worth that much money? Why not cut the barrel off and recrown? The POI change with and without the brake would make taking it on and off a pain in the @$$, at least as often as I shoot. What's up?

There is no lefty .308 "FP". The FLCP-K (aka "fully loaded") is the only way we can get them from the factory nowadays.

Uncle Jack

I didn't realize that the "FP" came with a detachable box magazine either.

uj

steveinwv

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69
    Quote Originally Posted by steveinwv
    Why is it that everyone wants to know the thread size of this barrel? Just buy a FP to start with. For the difference in price you could almost replace the tupperware stock with an H&S. Or is the brake supposed to be totally inefficient? Or are the flutes worth that much money? Why not cut the barrel off and recrown? The POI change with and without the brake would make taking it on and off a pain in the @$$, at least as often as I shoot. What's up?

There is no lefty .308 "FP". The FLCP-K (aka "fully loaded") is the only way we can get them from the factory nowadays.

The left handed thing was never mentioned before my post. That is reasonable. That doesn't explain the half dozen subjects on thread size on this particular gun in the last couple of months. Any good reasons? One poster even admits to not liking this gun because of the brake. Recrown?

Uncle Jack

"......The left handed thing was never mentioned before my post."

I think the left handed thing is the subject of this whole thread....as in 10FLCP-K.

uj

steveinwv

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jack
    "......The left handed thing was never mentioned before my post."

I think the left handed thing is the subject of this whole thread....as in 10FLCP-K.

uj
    My bad. What about the brake?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast