Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who hear reloads?

Basic Member

"The internet is like a sidewalk. You have to step around the **** and the stale gum. Wear boots."

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by bower4311 View Post
    "The internet is like a sidewalk. You have to step around the **** and the stale gum. Wear boots."

[QUOTE][[QUOTE][[QUOTE][[QUOTE][/QUOTE]/QUOTE]/QUOTE]/QUOTE]

davemuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by bower4311 View Post

Everything posted on the internet is true!! And 98.99% of all facts are made up on the spot!!!

Basic Member
    If you want to believe all that is written by the honest people on the internet: 1. They have never missed a shot. 2. They can shoot 1/2 moa groups all day long at 1500 yards in a 50 mph wind, out of a 2" pistol barrel. 3. Everything they have ever shot dropped right there (DRT). 4. They have tried everthing, and only their way/item works and all the rest are junk. 5. They say they are 63 years old and have been shooting/reloading/hunting for 70 years. Oh, I forgot to mention, they are French models.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JackinSD View Post
    If you want to believe all that is written by the honest people on the internet: 1. They have never missed a shot. 2. They can shoot 1/2 moa groups all day long at 1500 yards in a 50 mph wind, out of a 2" pistol barrel. 3. Everything they have ever shot dropped right there (DRT). 4. They have tried everthing, and only their way/item works and all the rest are junk. 5. They say they are 63 years old and have been shooting/reloading/hunting for 70 years. Oh, I forgot to mention, they are French models.
    Uh... Bonjour...
    Yup been there done all of those.

But then again I'm also rich out my ears, have more model girlfriends than I can count, and have shot everything that can be hunted.

Oops sorry this isn't my dream. I really need to talk to somebody about those.

Sorry guys I couldn't help it.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    Love it!

Basic Member
    The best way is to find the people who are respected the most that hang around along enough for people to know them and not their fake personality. Find 5 of those guys and see what they agree on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by JackinSD View Post
    I want to know just how in tell did you know I was a French Model ? And I shoot 1/4 inch groups at 1 mile with my new 4 inch pistol..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acemisser View Post
    I want to know just how in tell did you know I was a French Model ? And I shoot 1/4 inch groups at 1 mile with my new 4 inch pistol..
    I could tell you were a French model by your accent, and the good looks were a given.

Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz View Post
    Everything posted on the internet is true!! And 98.99% of all facts are made up on the spot!!!
    fighting over the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win, you are still special ;-)
    newbie from gr, mi.

Stevens M200 30-06
    lets get some more reloading info. is this kit a good starter kit??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121...la=ProductDesc

Quote Originally Posted by Stevens M200 30-06 View Post
    lets get some more reloading info. is this kit a good starter kit??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121...la=ProductDesc
    It gets the job done, and you can always fit quality dies in it. It's what I use as a beginner kit. The hornady and rcbs kits are more expensive, but as you start adding and upgraded the Lee set-up they become more competitive, so IMO if money is a factor definitely get the Lee kit to get to work and start reloading, but if you have the money take a close look at the other kits.Just my novice 2 cents.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    I have that one. I like the press and there dies, the powder measure gets the job done, and so does the scale, but I use my old ohaus scale instead of the lee one.

I ran that kit for three years and still do...except i upgraded Yup an rcbs auto order measure.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

CJnWy
    The Lee will get the job done and well but its on backorder and I seriosly doubt it will be back in stock anytime soon.
    I own 4 presses The Dillion stays set up for 204, and 223 most of the time and the other 12 calibars get loaded up with the RCBS IV. The old Lyman terrent served me well for 20 years but one sits now due to a broken bolt Lyman give me the runaround on=No more orange. I got a Lee press in a trade deal with the thought of useing it for a range press but have yet to use it much....Kinda cheesey compaired to the others.

Hosted
    I have only been reloading a few months and I use a Lee Breech Lock and have gotten along great with it so far. I like the Lee Deluxe dies since it comes with a Collet die. I bought the digital calipers from Harbor Freight and they have been flawless so far. I recommend trying to sell and get anything you can out of the Lee scale and upgrading to an RCBS beam scale. I tried an inexpensive digital scale and it was nothing but headaches. You'll want the Case Length Gage for your caliber to trim cases. I would also recommend the Hornady headspace and comparator gages. I would add a loading block and a tin of imperial sizing wax. Not saying this is the perfect setup but I am extremely happy with it and have under $300 in everything and feel I can reload ammo more accurate than I can shoot it.

diesel
    my RCBS Jr. is over 50 years old and still cranking 'em out. my uncle started me at over 60 years ago with his old Lyman press. was a teenager then, will be 81 in May. I have been at it a good long time. just recently, a friend of mine ask me to reload some 44-40s, boy. is that a learning experience. you never stop learning at this game, but it sure is fun.

Basic Member
    I have all RCBS equipment. Wouldn't go any other route. I have had AMAZING customer service. Not only did they ship me the replacement parts that I needed, they didn't charge me a penny for my part or shipping... The best part, it was my fault. They didn't care, thanked me for my business and hung up.

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevens M200 30-06 View Post
    hey guys im thinking of going out and buying my reloading kit. ammos geting to expencive and such. but reload supplies are hard to find too. any idea on when this will stop and be able to buy bullets and shells again??

also any tips for first time reloaders?
    Someday I might get into loading,but until then I will stick with custom build ammo..

Someday I might get into loading,but until then I will stick with custom build ammo..
    if you ask around you will find local shops selling them at reasonable price and have them in inventory.
    Here in west michigan I went to the big box store and all the shelves were empty.
    another jacked up their price and had a few primers and powder in stock.
    I got a lead on a this small radiator shop that sells powder/primer etc also. The owner had a limit as to how much you can buy and prices where incredible.
    newbie from gr, mi.

When I first started reloading, I only had a press one set of 30-06 dies, and only trimmed the brass when it finally would not chamber, I trimmed them on a bench grinder, and used one of them flat wood drill bits to remove the burr, I didn't even have a scale I only used recipes that used a full case of powder ah yes the good old days. to tell you the truth, I had 10 times the fun and enjoyment back then than shooting today, don't get me wrong I still enjoy it but it's not the same.

Tanks Dean
    Last edited by scope eye; 02-12-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spellink
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Boomer58cal
    Hello everyone. I've been read hear for a few months and just signed up. I've been reloading with my dad on and off from my youth. I've only been loading on my own for about two years. Anyway.... I have grown to love my RCBS Rockchuckers. I have 3 of them. One is a Jr. All used. They will last forever if you take care of them. Well worth the money. My dad still uses the ones he bought before I was born.(I'm 32) But I will say I have many Lee products and all have worked as advertised.

oldbrass
    I started re-loading a little over a year ago for 30-30 and 30-06.starting to round up .223 supplies due to the current ammo shortages. I started with a lee loader (the wack a stick tool) shortly after I bought a lee challenger kit, its only a single stage but with the quick change bushings switching dies is instant. Not being a hi volume reloader its all I need and get consistent ammo as long as I do my part and don`t rush things

davemuzz
    Reloading....or I should call it correctly....Handloading, is custom built ammo. It's custom built by me for my rifles. I try several types of bullet\powder combinations and bullet seating depths before arriving at the best one for my rifle. There is no factory load that can come close to what I hand load.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12