Thread: Model 11 Front action screw problems

Aggie04

Model 11 Front action screw problems

After my first day at the range sighting in the new Model 11 TH .243 I purchased from Bass Pro, my brother and I noticed the front action screw was sitting askew. We decided to take the stock off and replace the screw to see if it was actually sitting at an angle or just looked off in the stock. Sure enough, the screw sits about 2-5 degrees from being perpendicular to the action. Should I just send it in to Savage and see what they can do or are there any other options/fixes that I can do without having to wait a month or more to see what Savage has to say. The rifle shot fine and we were able to sight it in despite the annoyingly heavy trigger which we will replace.

We intend on bedding the action onto a Boyd's FWTH so would the angled screw affect anything? Any help would be appreciated.

tinkerer
    Well, if you're going to devcon pillar bed, you can accomodate this with your clearance on the hole for the pillar, BUT, it is a defect, technically.

Larry
    Tinkerer

ellobo
    That defect is unacceptable. Send it back as a reminder to Savage to get thier QC under control. They have no option but to replace the action with a correct screw hole one. There have been far to many little screw ups like that coming from Savage lately.
    El Lobo