Thread: Accutrigger issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    choclabs

Accutrigger issue

I have a new Model 10 Predator Hunter Max1 .243 Win. Last night (close to dark) I was sighting in a re-mounted scope and was able to self induce maybe 10 or so Failure to Fire events. The make shift shooting bench I was using put my right hand in such a position that I was putting pressure on the Accu-Trigger with an abundance of side pressure. My trigger finger was pulling the silver pre-release staging trigger and the black trigger simultaneously. Try to picture the force being applied at a 45 degree angle of travel versus a straight back pull. I am not certain if the pre-staging trigger (OK I promise to look up the proper terminology) was getting fully pulled back prior to release of the firin pin? This was repeatable once I paid more attention to this event versus wher the point of impact was.

When checking the primer, it appeared to not even have been struck.

Has anyone ever experienced this? If not I challenge you to try it...or better yet do not try it. If you get it to happen in a repeatable fashion you just may begin to not trust your gu to go bang every time you pull the trigger???????????? I may even start a new topic if I cannot find my circumstances posted.

I plan to do a more in depth searh of this forum to see if anyone else has posted questions about such an occurence.
    Last edited by pdog06; 01-26-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: edit