Thread: Article: Center-feed Magazine Timeline

Basic Member

Article: Center-feed Magazine Timeline

Does the Model 12 LRP use a staggered or centerfed magqazine. I have one coming and want to get a larger magaine for it. Any help greatly appreciated. P.S. This website rocks, very knowledgable people on here (myself excluded) Looking forward to learning all I can about the Savage.

stangfish
    Does the Model 12 LRP use a staggered or centerfed magqazine
    If it was manufactured in the last 10 years it was probably made a centerfeed.

+1 on centerfeed. Where you getting the larger magazine?
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

stangfish
    Which larger magazine?

Basic Member
    Sharpshooter supply has a nine round one that I think will work. Any suggestions?

Looks like that would work as long as you're staying in the 308 cartridge family.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

stangfish
    I am familiar with 3 types of magazines and for me the one SSS sells is pretty good because of its length, and the use of savage magbox and follower. The factory but it does not hold the high capacity. The Wyatt ones in 10 are as long as a 30 rd ar and the five is about the length of the nine SSS. The Wyatt is single stack. Everyone is utilizing the AI mags with a Vbull frame and CDI that uses AICs.

Follows this link to see the one SSS has that is attached to a stock. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBw&dur=426

Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    If it was manufactured in the last 10 years it was probably made a centerfeed.
    Just to clarify something in case someone references this post in the future, the above is not true by any means.

2005 - The centerfeed system debuted on select models (Model 14/114 American Classic, Model 10FCM Sierra, Model 11/111FCNS & GCNS, and select Model 16/116 Weather Warriors. All center-feed models were limited to detachable-box magazine (DBM) for this year.

2006 - Saw the introduction of the center-feed hinged floor plate (HFP) on select models (Model 16/116FHSAK & FHSS, 14/114 Classic, and 11/111FHNS & GHNS). DBM models were also added to the package gun line-up (Model 11/111FCXP3).

2007 - HFP models were expanded to include the 16/116FLHSS. DBM models were expanded into the Law Enforcement line to include the 10FCP-HS Precision, 10FCP-Choate, and 10FCP-McMillan.

2007 & 2008 - During this two-year time span rifles equipped with a blind magazine were slowly being switched over from staggered-feed to center-feed. The timing of this change for the various models had more to do with when they ran out of inventory on the old parts (magazine boxes and stocks) than anything else. The Stevens 200's were the last to be converted to the new center-feed system in mid-late 2008.

2009 - By the start of production for the 2009 model year all Savage and Stevens models had been converted to the new center-feed magazine system.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Brokebonez
    This is untrue my savage 110 was bought in 2012 and its stagger feed.

Just because you bought it in 2012 doesn't mean it was made in 2012. It's not uncommon for guns to sit on the shelves in a dealers back room for years, even decades sometimes. Heck, just in the past month we had a member post on here that he found a couple old flat-back, pre-AccuTrigger rilfes brand new in the box while going through and cleaning out the inventory room at the gun shop he works at, and such examples haven't been made singe the end of 2002.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I've seen a few stagger feed Savages w/ Accutrigger floating around still at Walmart and Sports Authority.

It can take awhile to turn over inventory sometimes unless it's a high volume retailer like Bass Pro, Cabelas, or Sportsman's Warehouse.

In 2007 I bought a Rem 700 in .270 Win on a closeout at Walmart for $299.00. When I got it home and dated the barrel codes, the date of manufacture was August 1987. So that one might have sat in a Wally World warehouse for nearly 20 years. (It also shoots better than the new Remingtons.)

In 2011 I purchased a pre accutrigger flat back on Gunbroker from a gun store in Minnesota. (Had to have been made in 2002 or earlier.) It was brand new, in box, with sticker attached, and literature looped through the trigger guard.
    Last edited by jh6717; 02-02-2013 at 07:01 PM.