Thread: Savage model 16, What is it?

Savage model 16, What is it?

I purchased a Savage model 16 on GunBroker very recently. The ad reads

"This is a used, but very clean rifle, and in excellent shape. It is Stainless Steel, has a 24 in. barrel, removable box magazine, cap 2+1, accutrigger, accustock, black synthetic. There is no original box or paperwork. Vito

By the description and the pictures of the top of the rifle I thought it was a Weather Warrior FCSS. I wasn't aware it had a plastic trigger guard and a plastic magazine bottom as the pictures are taken in such a way as to not show any part of that, and NOT an accustock when received.

What is it? What's it worth? If you need to see the original ad PM me.

Banned
    If not as advertised you can return it and get your money back.

GB takes misinformation seriously.

I had one guy who was playing patty cake and just the mention of a bad rating straightened him out

You can rate him after you get it straitened out.

Sounds like it's a Trophy Hunter

I now think its a Trophy Hunter, passed off as a Weather Warrior. The accustock was the lie in selling the rifle. The guy says no refund, I think he knew what he was doing.

Basic Member
    That sucks. Auction sites, and the ethics folks seem to use on them, have all seemed to go to crap. I used to love selling bike stuff on eBay. Now with the crazy fees and "buyer is always right" mentality it's my last resort.

Basic Member
    ^^^^^ I'll second that. You can no longer even leave negative feedback. So a lister with 100% positive doesn't mean squat.

In my case I will never recover the lost funds as the seller is totally dishonest about the rifle and refuses to take it back. Under GB rules you can't file a fraud report on him for 30 days.

Basic Member
    Can you post a link to the original listing? Several years ago I bought a few guns on gun broker, only had one bad experience. I got my money back though as the description allowed for a 3 day inspection period. I never bought a gun on there without an inspection period.

This item had a 3 day inspection period, however the seller said he wouldn't take it back under any circumstances on the same day it arrived.

Basic Member
    Pretty sad.

Using the part look up on Savages site it's a Trophy Hunter.

ottawacats
    How did you make your payment? Is it possible to contact (Visa/MasterCard) and dispute it with them, telling them that the seller didn't provide the correct product. I have heard stories of this method help and getting refunds or the correct product delivered.

I paid by USPS Money Order. My best guess is the Post Office would not be worth the effort.

I wish it was a CC, they don't fool around with crooks.

Basic Member
    The Postal Inspectors would investigate this as mail fraud. They may get other agencies involved as well since it involves a firearm. I would recommend to give it a shot. Heck, even contacting the PD local to the seller may result in at least a little pressure if not more.

ETA: upon closer look, I do not see FCSS mentioned anywhere in the ad. It can still be assumed with the false mention of the Accustock though. The model differences and resultant values would have to be explained to whomever you call to substantiate why you are reporting the fraud.
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. ... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.<br /><br />Thomas Jefferson

I think the accustock would be worth another $150.00 or enough to make the sale a fraud.