Thread: rb/dp stock options

oto

rb/dp stock options

I have a new rb/dp action waiting for a 1" bull barrel and I am looking for a stock. I prefer something composit or aluminum, weight is not an issue. I plan on a duracoat finish. Any help would be greatly appreciated

82boy

Re: rb/dp stock options

The dual port actions have a different screw spacing. There is no composite or aluminum stock made for them, that I know of. About the only stock options is factory laminate, or a Sharp Shooters Supply (SSS) laminate. You can paint the laminate.

oto

I wasn't sure how well the duracoat would work over wood. Their website says it will work but i worry about it cracking or chipping since wood will be softer than metal or composit stocks. I was thinking of machining one out of aluminum similar to a Noreen. Any suggestions?

82boy

That laminate wood is prety hard.

Basic Member

I believe Northlander is now offering a stock for dual port actions as well. Not sure if it is wood or composite though.

If you have the resources to machine a stock out of aluminum, go for it. It's a lot more work, but much more satisfying when you make your own. I'd give it a try if I had access to proper equipment and materials.

jorvin

pdc custom stocks makes a very nice aluminum stock for the new savgage target action. the fit and finish is outstanding. wait time is good also

oto

I was hoping to keep the cost under 300 cause i still have to buy a scope. I can get the aluminum plus extra for about 40 bucks. I think i can do all the action inletting on my mill. I have a extra grip for my bushmaster i was thinking of using. I am going to try it in wood before I buy the aluminum.