Thread: New Vortex Viper PST Scopes!

KSP446

New Vortex Viper PST Scopes!

Hello gentlemen,

I don't know how many Vortex fans are on here but since I'm a huge fan of the Vortex Viper that I had, I thought I'd post this link for any like minded folks on here. Vortex is coming out with it's new line of Viper PST scopes this spring and SWFA is accepting backorders now. I'm in no way advertising SWFA and I'm only posting this link to give a heads up and because it has alot of info about the scopes.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1499530

pa hog

Re: New Vortex Viper PST Scopes!

I've been drooling over them and the new Sightrons for awhile now!!! I can't wait to see them...

KSP446

I can't wait either!! In fact I want to see one so bad that I placed an order for one!! LOL.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KSP446
    I can't wait either!! In fact I want to see one so bad that I placed an order for one!! LOL.
    I was thinking about doing the same thing. I just can't justify the cost without even seeing it or reading any reviews of it. But it is the first scope on my list to add to my 10FLCP-K when it gets here.

KSP446

I went ahead with the pre-order based on my experience with my Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 mil dot. For just under 500 bucks it's one hell of a scope! I've never read a bad word about any Vortex scope and they seem to be really concerned with taking care of their customers! I will be really suprised if I am not more than satisified with the new PST when it gets here!

Basic Member

Holy cow!!! I just looked at these on the vortex website and they are stacked with some very well thought out features. Fiber optic indicators on mag bar and turrets??? Really? I have a 6.5x20 viper that I like a lot and I see one of these PST's in my future too.

Pre-orders are great but I would wait and see what Doug at cameralandny.com is going to do with these, after all, he is a site sponsor and good to deal with.

jrmy_1

How is the tracking on the current model Viper scopes. I was originally set on buying a Sightron SIII until I read of these Viper PSTs. If the tracking is as good as the Sightron SIII then I'm buying one for sure! Can anybody comment on the tracking of their Viper's Scopes as I will be using this 95% of the time for 600yd target/competition.

These things look great on paper!!!

Peter_Kirch

Of course once I'm set on getting a Mark4 they go and throw this out! man what to do what to do.

Also did you see their surveillance kit. That would be nice come with a storm case, spotting scope, binocs, and a tripod that has a mount for both the spotting scope and binocs side by side.
    That is awesome.

Basic Member

jrmy:

My 6.5-20 viper has done extremely well from 200- 600 yds. I have it zero'd at 200 and have been to the range checking moa drops from 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 then back to 300, 400, 200 or wherever and it has been perfect. Before buying my scope I got some info from "armed in utah" (Bob) here on this site. He does tons of long range shooting and specifically mentioned that the scope tracked well for him. Good enough for Bob...good enough for me.

jrmy_1

Quote Originally Posted by river grant
    jrmy:

My 6.5-20 viper has done extremely well from 200- 600 yds. I have it zero'd at 200 and have been to the range checking moa drops from 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 then back to 300, 400, 200 or wherever and it has been perfect. Before buying my scope I got some info from "armed in utah" (Bob) here on this site. He does tons of long range shooting and specifically mentioned that the scope tracked well for him. Good enough for Bob...good enough for me.
    Now, good enough for me too. I'm going with the new model PST in 6-24x once it is availalble. Thanks for the feedback!

lwink

Does this mean that there are going to be a bunch of used Vipers floating around come summertime?? Kind of hoping so for my sake as my Shilen comes in April, could be very good timing :D

Peter_Kirch

how do you guys think the viper scopes hold up in comparison to a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20? those are the two in the forefront of my mind right now.

joseph

I am interested in the 6-24X50mm PST FFP Illuminated EBR-1 reticle Viper with a price of $900 compared to the Leupold Mark 4 Extended Range Tactical M1 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 50mm Side Focus First Focal TMR Reticle for $1700. How does the glass of the Viper compare to the Leupold? Both have the same warranty(?), but I like the viper reticle better.

What do you guys think????

joseph

tbeasley

joseph

I have to ask..And I don't want this to sound rudely, BUT why on earth would u spend $1700 on a Leupold? Not meaning their bad scopes, but Nightforce NXS can be had for that price and you'll only lose $100-$150 if u decide to resell the scope. Nightforce has the number 1 best resale in todays market, Leupold not far behind. I will say, I love the TMR reticle of Leupold. But the
    NXS 5.5-22X 50mm (Matte) 30mm Tube SF (Available NP-1, NP-2DD, NP-1RR, NP-R2 & NP-R1)
    NXS552250NP
    $1,632

This in my opinion would be a better route, especially in quality!! throwing in my .2cents and I know this is off topic..sorry guys...

-tbeasley

joseph

I just put an order in for the Vortex 6-24x50 Viper PST 30mm Rifle Scope. I can not see $1700 for the Leupold.

* Matte
    * EBR-1 MOA Reticle
    * 30mm
    * First Focal Plane Reticle
    * .25 MOA Adjustments
    $899.99

I can not see $1700 for the Leupold.

joseph

Shooter59937

I am eye balling this scope too. It is a little more than I was going to pay for a new scope but for all the features it is worth saving up an extra couple hundred bucks.

gr8fuldoug

Quote Originally Posted by river grant
    Pre-orders are great but I would wait and see what Doug at cameralandny.com is going to do with these, after all, he is a site sponsor and good to deal with.
    This is how we are handling the new PST's (which at best guess by Vortex will not be here until the end of April/beginning of May)
    Please call the store and speak with me or Neil. We will take your name, phone # and product desired information and will contact you when we hear from Vortex that they are available. This is our version of a pre-order as who knows when these will really be in (I've been in this industry the better part of my life and estimated delivery dates on new product lines are just that, estimates). I assume that there will be an allocation situation from Vortex and limited quantities available (as there were on the Razor Riflescopes and razor Spotting Scopes).
    The list we're taking, IMO, is the best way to do this. No deposits needed. No pre-payment needed.

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by tbeasley
    joseph

I have to ask..And I don't want this to sound rudely, BUT why on earth would u spend $1700 on a Leupold? Not meaning their bad scopes, but Nightforce NXS can be had for that price and you'll only lose $100-$150 if u decide to resell the scope. Nightforce has the number 1 best resale in todays market, Leupold not far behind. I will say, I love the TMR reticle of Leupold. But the
    NXS 5.5-22X 50mm (Matte) 30mm Tube SF (Available NP-1, NP-2DD, NP-1RR, NP-R2 & NP-R1)
    NXS552250NP
    $1,632

This in my opinion would be a better route, especially in quality!! throwing in my .2cents and I know this is off topic..sorry guys...

-tbeasley

Many rate the Viper scopes above the Leupold scopes and the Vipers weigh about a pound less than an equvilant Night Force. And becides you can buy 2 Vipers for the price of a Leupold or Night Force. So why buy a Leupold or Night Force?

joseph

Because they don't make Leupold or Vipers with 42x, 1/8 min. clicks or as wide of a selection of reticles... yet.

338ax

Quote Originally Posted by joseph
    I am interested in the 6-24X50mm PST FFP Illuminated EBR-1 reticle Viper with a price of $900 compared to the Leupold Mark 4 Extended Range Tactical M1 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 50mm Side Focus First Focal TMR Reticle for $1700. How does the glass of the Viper compare to the Leupold? Both have the same warranty(?), but I like the viper reticle better.

What do you guys think????

joseph