Thread: Choate Stock

markalan

Choate Stock

Has anyone one used this stock? Long Action, AccuStock & AccuTrigger? Alos DBM

http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/25-06-14
    Last edited by markalan; 01-24-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Basic Member
    I have one on a short action. With full-length aluminum bedding and forend rail, it is very stiff. Only complaint is the molding seam joints are a little rough, but I sanded and painted mine anyway. The vertical grip is nice for shooting, esp prone. Fore-end is rounded, so it does not ride a front rest as well as a flat 3" bench rest stock. A good value for the money; I think retail is more like $200 though.

stangfish
    The answer you are looking for is... Does the centerfeed magazine work in this stock?

Basic Member
    I have both,a SA and LA stock. For the price,they are hard to beat.
    There are better stocks available,but they are a lot more expensive. Personally,I like the Choate Tactical stocks.

Look here,they carry the Center feed stock- http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Stocks/?page=3

markalan
    I will call an order one today. I forget to add I have the DBM. When you say there are better stocks what are they?

ycis
    just from the looks...those stocks are designed for the large/thicker barrels vs the stock thinner ones? or will they work fine with any savage barrel?

markalan
    Well I spoke to them today and they do not make a stock that will fit.

ycis
    the one you linked above claims its for a long action/center feed savage...what about that model "doesnt" work in your application if I may ask?

markalan
    Not sure but when I called them they told me it would not work.

they do not make that stock for a long action with a detachable magazine. Only for a blind mag
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

markalan
    Does anyone?

coopc230
    I am running into the same situation. I have a left hand Model 111 Trophy Hunter XP in 30-06 I just bought and I am looking to put a left hand Choate Tactical Custom stock on it. However, Choate only makes a long action tactical custom for blind mags, and Savage does not make a long action in left hand with a blind mag. Either someone does not know whats going on or Choate will have some stocks that will never sell cause nobody makes a rifle for it. Anyone else experience this too?

Hosted
    markalan, I would imagine you could get what you're looking for from Stockade. It will probabaly be a 16 week lead time but everyone says they are fantastic stocks. My next one will probably be a Stockade.