Thread: Stock change on Mk11 TR

Vladivar

Stock change on Mk11 TR

Hey guys,

New to the forum and to Savage rifles so I am looking for some direction. I have a Savage Mk11 TR (.22lr) and would like to swap the stock out for the Boyds SS Evolution but I am not sure if it will fit as I don't know if the "Clip feed - ABC" option under "Action" on the Boyds site is the correct choice for my TR.

If anyone can advise me (especially if you have actually done this swap) that would be great. Also, in addition to the stock, would I need to purchase any additional parts? (new trigger guard/floor plate/screws etc)

Thanks all.

Rifle as it currently sits:

I've brought this issue up with Sheila Boyd regarding the "codes" on their new website and she's supposed to get back with me sometime this week with some answers. I'll email her a link to this thread as well.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Speedrat1
    yes.... should work ABC means "all barrel channels" BBC is "Bull barrel Channel" and FBC is "factory barrel channel"

That said I've had a problem with Boyds and their seemingly lack of understanding and bad descriptions of how their stocks are relieved for the barrel. Mostly you're met with silence when you tell 'em the description is wrong but "that said" the worst I've had to do is open up a Varmint stock that was supposed to have the varmint barrel channel already cut from factory sporter contour to varmint contour.

Vladivar
    Thx MrFurious and Speedrat1 - that really helps. Shame the website is not a little clearer.

Give them time, they just launched the new site last week and it looks like they have quite a bit of tweaking to do yet. Such things are always a work in progress.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

dan46er
    Isn't that black stock made by Boyd's too? Thought I read that somewhere. On the internet! Anyway, I the stock stock better...