Thread: Adjustable length of pull stock

Nick

Adjustable length of pull stock

Sorry for the lame question, but is the 10 FCP-K in .308 (#18608) center feed or staggered? I think it's staggered, but not sure... I'm looking for a stock that allows LOP to be adjusted.

I'm not sure what stock would fit my rifle. I'm looking at this one, http://www.combatstocks.com/Choate_U...rfeed_Only.cfm, but it says centerfeed and not detachable magazine. I'm totally confused...

Once I found a stock I'm thinking of attaching this to make it adjustable: http://www.tacticalworks.com/Choate-...zed-Black.html

I shoot almost exclusively from prone and when I shoot uphill and tilt the weapon upwards, the scope gets closer to my eye and thus the eye relief suffers. I usually end up putting a tshirt or something between the shoulder and the stock to increase LOP, but I would like something more permanent.

palerider338
    Center feed w/ detachable mag and bolt release in the trigger guard.....that rules out the Choate US & UV stocks.

That new bolt release location limits your stock choices. For what you are using it for I would look at the XLR Industries chassis system. Lots of stock adjustment configurations .

Nick
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I saw that the bolt release in the trigger guard is an issue with Choate.

Those XLR stocks are really cool. More expensive than the rifle... but I like them.

bodywerks
    Absolutely NOT TRUE about stock choices being limited just because you have a bolt release in the trigger guard. ANY stock made for a savage short action with the 4.4" spacing, centerfeed dbm will work with the "accustock". I speak from personal experience.
    From personal experience, this one works (put it on my fcp-k), and has adjustable lop and butt piece height and adjustable cheek.
    http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/26-06-01
    Last edited by bodywerks; 02-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
    Absolutely NOT TRUE about stock choices being limited just because you have a bolt release in the trigger guard. ANY stock made for a savage short action with the 4.4" spacing, centerfeed dbm will work with the "accustock". I speak from personal experience.
    That can't be quite right. This stock says it doesn't fit detachable magazines, this one doesn't accept the bolt release in the trigger guard.

bodywerks
    That first one won't fit because its not designed for ANY rifle with a detachable box magazine. The second one also won't fit ANY rifle with a detachable box magazine. The only reason it won't work with the bottom bolt release is because it has an integrated trigger guard.

bodywerks
    As i said, this stock will work
    And I'm not even sure they make that sniper stock for a detachable magazine. But if they do, then there's nothing that can't be fixed with either some inletting.or modification of the sear.

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
    From personal experience, this one works (put it on my fcp-k), and has adjustable lop and butt piece height and adjustable cheek.
    Great, thanks for the link. That one looks good. Did you have to do anything special when swapping them?

I like this one too, but it's not clear whether it fits: http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/22-06-17

Nick
    I just called Choate and the only stock that works with the rifle is the one you posted, http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/26-06-01 Too bad... I really like the sniper one.

bodywerks
    Don't be afraid to get a little creative! As i said, any stock designed for the 4.4/4.410 action screw spacing and is for the center feed models with a DETACHABLE magazine will either work without modification our its nothing that can't be trimmed up with a dremel.
    As for that sniper stock, if they offer one that meets the above mentioned criteria, , it can also be made to work. The sear just needs to be modified by grinding off the lever that goes down to the trigger guard, and fabricating and jb welding a release lever to it that goes up by the receiver. Completely doable.
    I'm not speaking out of my arse when it comes to modifying the sear. CDI makes a bottom metal for the accustock rifles. They don't have you cutting the sear, as modify their bottom metal to clear it. But they do supply an aluminum lever that they have you glue to the existing sear for a more conventional release.
    Last edited by bodywerks; 02-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.

palerider338
    Anything can be made to work IF you are prepared to throw enough time ,effort and money at it. Not knowing the OPs skill level, etc., etc.,etc., I was playing it safe and voicing my opinion as to a ready made solution to his problem. My 112BVSS laminate stock now sports an extended blind mag set up that "looks" like a DBM from a distance. I dare say it could be made to work in the Choate SU or UV stock with a little inlet work. You could probably install a CDI DBM in that stock IF you removed the Choate trigger guard and reworked the stock to accept the CDI guard. Should be doable but I would run it by CDI first.

Nick
    I have exactly zero skills in that regard. If I knew somebody who could do that for me I would definitely contact them.

bodywerks
    Where in socal are you? My family lives in moreno valley and i fly out to visit often. My dad has a machine shop so no worries there. I can fab up a release lever and glue it on for you if that's all that is needed. I don't think they even make that ultimate sniper stock with provisions for any type of detachable magazine though. Inletting for dbm would be a petty big task to take on.

Nick
    Thanks for the offer. I'm around Irvine, acceptable distance from Moreno Valley. I think I'll keep looking though, see if I can find something similar to Choate's sniper that fits the rifle.