Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First rifle.... coyote/deer/target rifle.... comments/help appreciated!

Westcliffe01

Nothing wrong with PMC. If you want crap try some American Eagle junk....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
    +1 for the PMC 223 ammo. It's good stuff and cheap. You can reload the brass wich makes it way more cheaper than the crappy steel ammo. Anybody that shoots more than 5 boxes of ammo a year is crazy if they don't reload ammo. You can get a lee starter set for $150 or less. (sorry for the mini rant)

Westcliffe01
    I just deprimed some factory Hornady ammo and the primer pocked is all mashed as if they tried to crimp the primer which I know for a fact they don't do with hunting ammo. Hornady is losing points in my book, big time. This stuff was nearly $24/20

rimfirekyle
    Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
    My 223 love Black Hills 52 grn Match, sob MOA at 200 yards. Also the Hornady 55 grn steel match ammo is real accurate for the price. Usually $19 for 50.

Of course if you can find any ammo now you are very lucky.
    I might have to try and find a couple boxes...... Just to hold me over untill I swap my barrel... Thanks for the tip!

rimfirekyle
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseSavage View Post
    Good to hear you're Hog is shootin' well, makes me feel better about my purchase. I have the .308 though. Lookin' at the Medalist myself and was wondering if the one your ordered is a blind magazine version or if it already has a cutout and CDI (I'm assuming that's where you are sending yours) is tweeking the cutout for their BM. Not many of those Medalists around, must be flying off the shelves.

I've found one but the color is not what I need but I'm duracoating anyway. The Medalist I found is set up for blind magazine...I'm assuming (gonna call CDI tomorrow) that the extra material can be CNC'd out to match their BM.

Had you considered the Choate before selecting the B&C? I don't get that "extra space" behind the safety on the Choate, it's supposedly "normal"...doesn't look right to me.
    I got mine for the Blind magazine. CDI said that this was preffered. They said the bottom metal will be recessed slightly into the stock.

rimfirekyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
    Apparently I underestimated PMC... I did shoot some American Eagle.... It grouped at about 3.5-6 inches. terrible

Westcliffe01
    In my opinion, PMC brass is at least as good as Remington and better than Winchester, federal and PPU. I have not yet owned any Lapua brass, would like to one day...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12