Thread: Model 110 30.06 what year?

Purecountry

Model 110 30.06 what year?

I brought home dads old 30.06 a few months back and want to do some upgrades to it but I can't seem be able to figure out what year it was manufactured! I called savage but no help to old. The serial # is F049029. I'm swapping stocks and switching to an accu-trigger but have to have the year before I can order the trigger! Please help!

Well, for starters you'll never be able to order an AccuTrigger. Savage won't sell those parts to anyone, not even gunsmiths. As for the date of manufacture, it could be anywhere from the mid-late 1980's through the end of 2002 with the "F" prefix.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Purecountry
    Well thank you for your input I know it was really late 80s very early 90s when he got it. The gunsmith Im working with thinks he can get one but if not we will go another route but until I can figure out the date I won't know for sure. But if he can ill be sure to let you know!

rld_55

Model 110 30.06 what year?

If you are just wanting a good trigger. I put a timmney in my pre-accutrigger 114. It was very simple to install and adjust. I have a accu-trigger gun, and they seem pretty equal to me. The timmney may be a little crisper. Either are great triggers IMHO. I have also heard great things of the rifle basik triggers. Just haven't shot one to compare my self.

Well, based on the info on Savage's website: Parts for firearms manufactured prior to serial number F498821 may be purchased from the list below. Those companies with a "(*)" next to their name are also repair facilities.

This is because the current ownership purchased the company in 1996 and have no legal obligation or requirement to service, support or warranty any firearms made before they purchased the company, nor will they voluntarily preform any work or service on those earlier guns.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Purecountry
    Rid_55 thanks for the info! i will deff look into those!!!

mrfurious I've tried the website calling and savage can't give me any info so I'm turning to you guys for help!

Quote Originally Posted by Purecountry View Post
    Well thank you for your input I know it was really late 80s very early 90s when he got it.
    You have a good memory, it was made in 1990.
    Savage- "never say never".