Thread: After Market Trigger for early 110

URAOK

After Market Trigger for early 110

New member from South Texas. I'm a deer, hog and predator hunter who acts as a guide for his grandchildren.

I have been looking everywhere for an after maket trigger for my left hand Savage 110 that I bought in the in the early 60's.
    I read the artical in this fourm on how to adjuset the early 110 trigger and I have have done that.
    I guess Timney has gotten me spoiled.
    Thanks ahead of time.

Basic Member
    I don't think one is available. When I called Savage about mine about 10 years ago, they referred me to a former employee who said that it was possible to machine the receiver to accept the newer triggers. That was more trouble (and cost) than I wanted so I just tuned the existing trigger and called it good. I have long since lost the man's phone number and am not even sure he is still alive.

URAOK
    Thank you very much for your quick responce to my question.

I was afraid that was would be the case. Ten years ago you say. I will call Savage and ask them if he still alive and in business. Hopefuly he was a young inspiring gunsmith who decided to go out on his on. This rifle was my first hunting rifle and I would very much like to pass it on to my grandkids.

I knew that this fourm could help me.

Again thank you.

All of the aftermarket triggers are designed around the newer style and aren't compatible with the old-style trigger setup. Not only is the machining on the action a little different, but the total height of the trigger assembly is different. If you were to take a newer 110 stock and bolt it onto your barreled action, your trigger would only stick out about 1/2 the total depth of the trigger guard. If you try to put a newer barreled action in your older stock it won't seat as the trigger shoe will hit the trigger guard before the action seats in the stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by URAOK View Post
    Thank you very much for your quick responce to my question.

I was afraid that was would be the case. Ten years ago you say. I will call Savage and ask them if he still alive and in business. Hopefuly he was a young inspiring gunsmith who decided to go out on his on. This rifle was my first hunting rifle and I would very much like to pass it on to my grandkids.

I knew that this fourm could help me.

Again thank you.
    Actually he was an old retired guy.