Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Custom Rifle Pics

Rotorhead19

Did you shoot with the stock before and after the bedding? if so was their any difference? I will be shooting at 800-1800 meters in distance so, every little detail will count

scnewt
    Yea I did a before and after and there wasn't any measurable difference.

My first varmint rifle, definitely not my last!

Model 12FV in .223 1:9 Twist
    Stock is Boyds Forest Camo
    Old school Acra Glass bedding dyed green and brown to match the stock.
    Rifle shoots great! Not a huge fan of the accutrigger but everything else is right on!

2111 Marine
    looks really nice !!!

md80captain
    Base coat is Duracoat Coyote Tan from an aerosol can. The spots are rustoleum camo paint applied with an artist sponge.
    Savage 110 stagger feed. McGowen 30" 1-10 twist barrel with no taper. Rifle Basix SAV-II trigger set to about 12 oz. Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock.
    Harris Bipod. Ferrell Industries 20 MOA scope base. SWFA S-S 16X scope. Caliber is 30-06. I have done sub 1" groups at 200 yards with 50 gr 2700, 190 SMK, Lapua Brass.
    Planning on taking it past 1000 yards once I get the right powder. Have some RL22 on back order and Berger 210 VLD for this purpose.
    Finished build
    Last edited by md80captain; 04-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.

That looks scary cool!

DennisPA
    I second that! I would love some more details about that camo job. And some more pics!

My latest.

Started life as a 111 in 30/06. Nice crisp 3 screw trigger polished and adjusted to 2.5 lbs with no creep, no over travel. Apache Gun Works 22" varmint weight barrel chambered in 6x55 improved 30°, 1 in 8" twist. Boyd's Prairie Hunter stock in Cinnamon, Savage large bolt handle, Leupold rings and bases, Leupold 4-12 VX1. A 6.5x20 Zeiss Conquest is on it's way for this rifle as well as an EGW 20moa base and Burris XTR low rings.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 04-04-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Very nice sir. Looks like the Prairie Hunter handled the barrel diameter well?

Quote Originally Posted by BarrelBurner View Post
    Very nice sir. Looks like the Prairie Hunter handled the barrel diameter well?
    With room to spare.
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by md80captain View Post
    Finished build
    Specs?

110 flat back action
    Criterion 260 Remington match 8 twist 24" varmint
    Mcmillan A3 in coffee camo
    Karsten cheek piece
    Atlas bipod
    EGW 20 MOA
    TPS rings
    Flatline Ops level
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 SFP
    YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom suppressor

Last edited by kingzero; 04-04-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"

-Thomas Jefferson

Basic Member
    Looks good, King. What is it?

bremereric
    Quote Originally Posted by kingzero View Post

The sweet thing is on the end of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Looks good, King. What is it?

260 Remington.

Guess I should have posted specs.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"

-Thomas Jefferson

Mike Vegas
    MD80CAptain very nice camo job! Is that the sponge method? Or what material did you use?

Very nice selection of parts KingZero... Very nice...

md80captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Vegas View Post
    MD80CAptain very nice camo job! Is that the sponge method? Or what material did you use?

Very nice selection of parts KingZero... Very nice...
    Thanks, yes it is the sponge method. Very easy to do and very pleasing results. I got the method from tiborasaurusrex.

Before:

Tonight's mod..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleRecon View Post
    Before:

Tonight's mod..
    Nice! I have the same rifle! Any plans to upgrade the scope? I have an SWFA 16x42 on order. I'm just curious what other people might go with for the same gun. What kind of groups are you getting? Did the stock improve your accuracy? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
    Nice! I have the same rifle! Any plans to upgrade the scope? I have an SWFA 16x42 on order. I'm just curious what other people might go with for the same gun. What kind of groups are you getting? Did the stock improve your accuracy? Thanks!

The 11VT? I picked it up last October. I took it hunting a few times this year, but never saw a deer, merely a bobcat walking my property.

I DO have plans for optics, and just placed an order with Natchez Shooter's Supply for some Nikon BDC reticle glass, Leo rings & bases. Grouping with that scope, and optic and surplus ammo? Not great... around 2-3" 200-300 yards. the big barrel really favors heavier rounds, and most surplus is 147 or 149 Gr.

I have some reloads, and access to more, and working on my own reloading equipment.

anyway, if you thought that 11VT was heavy before.... that choate tactical stock (by the way, they do make a direct fit model http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/TRS/25-06-01 although I had to widen the trigger assembly channel with that drill & carbide bid photographed) is HEAVY....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleRecon View Post
    The 11VT? I picked it up last October. I took it hunting a few times this year, but never saw a deer, merely a bobcat walking my property.

I DO have plans for optics, and just placed an order with Natchez Shooter's Supply for some Nikon BDC reticle glass, Leo rings & bases. Grouping with that scope, and optic and surplus ammo? Not great... around 2-3" 200-300 yards. the big barrel really favors heavier rounds, and most surplus is 147 or 149 Gr.

I have some reloads, and access to more, and working on my own reloading equipment.

anyway, if you thought that 11VT was heavy before.... that choate tactical stock (by the way, they do make a direct fit model http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/TRS/25-06-01 although I had to widen the trigger assembly channel with that drill & carbide bid photographed) is HEAVY....
    Cool! Yes I also have the 11VT (from Dick's SG) in 308. Mine will be more set up for shooting steel out to 1000yrds off a bench. I am eyeing the choate stock or the boyd's tacticool. I just got into reloading (pretty much just for the 11VT) and am working up some 175gr sierra loads.

Your Nikon with BDC should suit you well. I have a Buckmaster with BDC on my 30-06 hunting rifle and I love it for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
    Cool! Yes I also have the 11VT (from Dick's SG) in 308. Mine will be more set up for shooting steel out to 1000yrds off a bench. I am eyeing the choate stock or the boyd's tacticool. I just got into reloading (pretty much just for the 11VT) and am working up some 175gr sierra loads.

Your Nikon with BDC should suit you well. I have a Buckmaster with BDC on my 30-06 hunting rifle and I love it for hunting.

Kinda what I'm thinking. I won't be so much benchrest shooting as I'll be shooting anything from 100-900 yards, maybe a 1k if I can find it around here.

Probably all day time shooting, so I'm not seeking a 50mm objective. how are the 175's performing? I have some 168gr hand loads to work with, and a lot of surplus stuff for plinking.

LeatherDr
    I just got this today actually. I bought a Savage 11 to build and 2 days later I find and I come up with this!
    [IMG][/IMG]

LeatherDr
    Quote Originally Posted by kingzero View Post
    260 Remington.

Guess I should have posted specs.
    I can't get a .260 build off my mind. How do you like it to 308? And I just mean which would you rather shoot

Show Your Custom Rifle Pics

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherDr View Post
    I can't get a .260 build off my mind. How do you like it to 308? And I just mean which would you rather shoot
    "I wish this rifle was a 308", said no 260 owner ever.