Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Custom Rifle Pics

Basic Member

Re: Post a Picture of your Rig(s)

Snowgetter don't drop that striker out in the woods you might not find it again ;D
    Nice looking!

That Striker has one of the best looking duracoat jobs I've ever seen.

Very well done, I appreciate your meticulousness on the job.

emn83

First Rifle, first post

Savage 11 .308

changes:

Rifle Basix SAV-1 trigger
    Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40SF mil-dot scope
    Harris Benchrest bi-pod

Stockade Hunting Sporter stock (in 12-14 weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by bythebook
    Here is the most recent build I did for myself it is a 20 inch McGowen 223 heavy barrel and the stock is also from a site member. The gun will shoot a lot better than I can hold it .

Stock looks almost like a McMillan swirl finish...very nice.

I bought that stock from a member on here and it already had the finish on it.

While working up loads for it I put 10 shots into one hole .173 c to c with 2 diff. bullets and 2 diff. loads at 100 yds. Since this picture I have switched actions and now have a SS action on it and have not fired it yet.

joe0121

My Remy .300 WM
    With old #7 Krieger

With new # krieger

min 14

My .45

My Stevens build in progress. Waiting on stock. Gonna get a rifle Basix trigger heavy contour barrel etc.

Old Pic when All my guns were plain

Nice collection....

The one second from the left looks to be a 33" 30 oz white ash bat.

I love who it fits into the mix ;D

Trent

An old model 110s (S for silhouette) rifle. These were built specifically for silhouette competition. I've mated up a Shilen 8 twist "Ratchet" barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor and mounted a Leupold 24x with 1/2" target dot. Weighs in right at the 10lb 2oz limit if I take off scope caps and sunshade.

rusty815

Here's my rifle as it sits so far, still has some work left before its finished (sorry for the room, I don't clean very often):
    Savage Model 16 FLHSS
    EGW base with Burris XTR Tactical low rings
    Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 EMDR scope with sun shade and Butler Creek caps (eye lens cap not on)

Still waiting on a Rifle Basix SAV-1 trigger to get here (should be here any day), and my Stockade rollover thumbhole, bottom metal, tactical bolt handle and bolt lift kit, once I get everything I'll post an update.

The glass cabinet in the back is where all my rifles are stored, you can't see any because I took them out prior to taking the photos, but usually there's a custom Weatherby Vanguard, Remington 721 with a home made stock, Ruger M77 MK 2, and old 1898 Mauser, an old SKS that I used when I started hunting (age 12), a couple of pistols and a shotgun (can't remember the make and model).

Basic Member

Fine lookin rigs man!
    couple of savages

scnewt

rusty815, what is that mounted between your stock and bipod? Also how do you like your Weaver Tactical scope? I have been looking for a new scope and the Weaver seems to be the best deal that fits my criteria.

Thanks in advance!

rusty815

Its a UTG mount that came with the bipod I think, I'm not sure since I didn't buy the bipod. I don't recommend it, it wobbles a lot and its made out of plastic I think, its temporary until I get my stockade stock with a pic rail on the bottom.

The weaver is spectacular, I decided to get this over the Viper PST because it had locking turrets, which I found more useful, I'd recommend it to anyone.

scnewt

Re: Re: Post a Picture of your Rig(s)

Locking turrets would be good for me too, since I hunt with my rifles. Really considering this scope now.
    Thanks !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Basic Member

Here is one of my savages, the other is a Remington 700

skwirl

7MM/08 model 11

Basic Member

sav110, 30-06 cbi barrel factory tuperware stock (for now) waiting on good weather to shoot if it shoots half as good as it looks ill splurge on a new stock and glass for it.

couple of savages

at99sy

Hi guys. I am new to the group and recently returning to shooting. It's been about 23 years since I have shot
    with a precision rifle. Last was in the 3/75th with my M-21. I have a Sav. F/TR in .308 and a Weaver T-series 36X scope.
    I just put a Harris 9" bipod on it today and tried it out. Using Fed. Matchking 169 gr BTHP's and it seems to like them.
    Trudged through about 8 inches of snow to set my targets. I recycled some old ones for today.

Just under a 1/2" at 100yds and I pulled a 1.5" 4 round group at 300yds. Still have some work to do there but
    pretty happy at the 100 set up.

joe0121

Quote Originally Posted by Carvera
    Nice collection....

The one second from the left looks to be a 33" 30 oz white ash bat.

I love who it fits into the mix ;D
    Wife and I got it on vacation a while back at the factory. I made sure to get the "Tactical" version (black) and added the camo form tape. It resides in the closet downstairs, in case the zombie bust in while the little lady and I are watching NCIS.

Quote Originally Posted by quickkillaught6
    sav110, 30-06 cbi barrel factory tuperware stock (for now) waiting on good weather to shoot if it shoots half as good as it looks ill splurge on a new stock and glass for it.

That's exactly what I am building 30-06 26" CBI barrel (light varmit). They called today from Northland my barrel and recoil lugs are on the way.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

My new 308, RBLP Savage PTA-T&T by SSS, McGowen Barrel-10twist 28" length, SSS HBR stock, SSS Evolution trigger, NF Scope-NP2DD,

[B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Very nice , Dennis!

Basic Member

@moe it's a varmint contour not sure about light varmint?? This was the first build i wanted a full bull 30" but I'm impatient I just hogged out my factory stock and just got it snugged up the go gage was backordered but defiantly get us pics man Jim Briggs at northland is a pleasure to work with very very very nice man to work with..
    couple of savages

Here are a few of my builds I have put together last couple of years.

This is my 6BR, built off of a Model 12 Center-feed Action with Accu-trigger. It wears a 28" CBI SS Varmint Barrel Chambered in 6BR Norma with a 1-8" twist. It sits in a Stocky's Bobby Hart LRT stock. And of course it wears one of my handles. Shoots great usually making 5-shot groups in the .2" - .3" range.

This is my 30BR, built off of a 10FP Center-feed action with Accu-trigger. It wears a 24" Pac-Nor SS Varmint Barrel Chambered in 30BR with a 1-10" twist. It sits in a Stocky's Babby Hart LRT stock also. Not pictured here, but it does have one my handles now. Haven't shot her yet, but I just got dies so I am ready to try her out.

This is my 22-250, built off of a Stevens 200-SA Stagger-feed action with tuned 3-screw trigger. It wears a 26" Savage CM Varmint Barrel Chambered in 22-250 with a 1-12" twist. The Barrel was threaded by Devin Sinner at Sinarms (great job, thanks Devin) and was fitted with a custom brake built and fit by me. The barreled action sits in a factory BVSS laminate stock and sports one of my CM handles that has been cold-blued (picture taken before the blue was done to it). This barrel started on the Action my 6BR is now built on and was a 12FV and was my first Savage Small-bore and has been a shooter since day one.

This is my 30-06, built on a Savage 111 SF-DBM action. It wears a 22" Savage SS Magnum Taper Barrel with a 1-10" twist. This barrel was also threaded by Devin and Sinarms and I bought the barrel as a new take off from Jim Briggs at NSS. Barrel was again fitted with a SS brake built and fitted by me (and now has a different one of my brakes on it). She still sits in the original tupperware, and has one of my SS grooved handles on it and a Vortex Crossfire 6x40 up top.

This is my 458 Win Mag, built off of a Stevens 200-LA Center-feed action with tuned 3-screw trigger. It has a 24" ER Shaw CM Varmint Barrel. Barrel is threaded and fit with a brake I built. Stock is still factory tupperware with the P.A.D. installed. Up top is a Swift 4-12x40. Also has one of my handles on it. This gun shoots under 2" at 100yds, which is where I stopped load development due to my shoulder, cost of components, and just taking into account size and recoil of this caliber. Don't really have a need for it, but price was right for the barrel and I figured why not. It is a nice conversational piece when I take it to the Range.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

@Boots . . .

Very nice rifles! I love the colors.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member

My first two builds with more to come I am sure.

243Win Shaw 8-twist 26" barrel on long action model 111 (back).

243 WSSM Shilen 8-twist 28" barrel on a model 10 WSM (front).

Shooting 105 A-Max out of the 243Win and 115 hBN D-TAC out of the 243 WSSM.

Both are doing well with wood stocks from Stocky's.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast