Thread: Newb with some questions.

Fyrbrd

Newb with some questions.

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who has posted to this forum. There is truely a wealth of knowledge here that even an experienced shooter would find usefull.

I have been enjoying shooting sports since I was a young boy. This is not my first rifle, but I can't seem to find much information about it. I am hoping someone here can help.

What I have is an approximately 25yr old model 110 with some interesting characteristics. Those being the logo engraved on the right side of the stock, and a serial number of H0000xx.

I have talked to Savage and they confirmed the rifle was produced prior to 1995, and had no other information about it. So a nice letter and the pictures below are being sent to Mr. Callahan for his assistance. My hope is that someone here may be able to offer some assistance also.

Thank you

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps55c8fd02.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2f545b5.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps332f5129.jpg

ellobo
    Wow, looks like NIB. Sorry, Cant tell you anything about it but someone will. Hand checkered and crisp, seems never used.

Fyrbrd
    Hi Ellobo,

Thank you it is in great shape, just a couple of minor dings here and there. The original owner says it is supposed to be a commemorative edition so he never shot it. The only commemorative editions I can find information on are the 50th anniversary model 110s.

That is why I'm here, to share and learn.

Thanks.

thomae
    Fyrbrd, Welcome to the forum. I think you will find a lot of knowledgable folks here who will be happy to help you out. Ellobo is one of them.

Before you go any further (farther?), please go to the Help and FAQ's forum, or the Picture Post forum and read the sticky titled "The Ultimate Guide to posting pictures..."

It will walk you through posting pictures so they show up in your posts.
    It is a courtesy thing we like on the forum so the members can see the photos without following links.

If you have any difficulties, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you.
    All the best.

stangfish
    Here you go.

Fyrbrd
    Stangfish,

Thank you, I made the first post from my cellphone while at work. Needless to say, I kind of got my tail wooped. Thank you for posting the pictures.