Puting this here instead of the aftermarket stock section since my questions relate to the Factory stock, instead of aftermarket only.

Have a couple of questions that i posted at the tail end of a previous thread, but i figured i'd start a new one since the questions didn't exactly fit the first thread all that well.

Bought my wife a 12FCV in .223 as a combo birthday/christmas present early last month. As it turns out, as it comes from the factory, the stock is too long for her by about 1/2-3/4". which leads me to ask the following...

1. Has anyone ever cut down the length of pull on their accustock, esp. cut it down past the point where (i assume) the factory screwholes end and had to put some sort of filler or block in there for the pad to mount to? I've dealt somewhat with fitting a recoil pad, but i've not yet deallt with trimming and fitting for/to a sythetic stock
  2. related to the above, I unscrewed the factory pad and it looks likethe Depth of the "socket" area between the back edge of the stock and the seat/shoulder the pad snugs up to (the screwholes basicly) is about how much would need to be removed to bring the stock's length of pull into line with what my wife needs. is there a known aftermarket pad that is a close fit/shape for the factory stock with that area cut/ground/sanded off?
  3. If I decide to switch/upgrade stocks, am I going to have to have the recoil lug replaced with a standard unit? Does an after-market stock absolutely require that the rifle have a "Standard" size lug or can I get away at least for a time with the A-S style lug?

As always thank you for your time and any info you choose to share.