Thread: Here we go again!!!

Basic Member

Angry Here we go again!!!

No Primers, no Powder, no brass!!!! I love this sport, Just wish it was more stable... I guess I will sit on what I have and not go to the range as much...

what the..., I am low on primer, arrrrragh, insanity,
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member
    Powder Valley Inc got in 5 million CCI primers yesterday and a truck load of Nosler bullets. Check them out. In terms of the shortage - there hasn't been any stability for the past 6 years with powder, primers, and bullets. Something pops up and everyone jumps into panic mood and starts hoarding. This the aftermath of the election and the recent shootings(s) fueled the fire to "buy now".

Give it a few months and all will be fine. That said - I keep a years supply of most all components on hand. If I catch a sale I might load up on something.

Luck, Tim

It's a wonderfully retarded country we live in : )

irondog54
    Think of it this way. When supply catches up, nothing will have been laying around! It will all be fresh.

acemisser
    thats all part of life I guess...I have used small pistol primes instead of small rifle
    and large pistol instead of large rifle if need be...It works as long as your fireing
    pin is long enough..

Basic Member
    Im ok on my supply for about a year as well. I just got 1000 small pistol for my new to me police model 10 38sp. I got the last 2 boxes ( a friend needed them as well)my local shop had.. He had no powder but I should be ok..

jibben
    All the popular stores in my area are cleaned out on the popular powders and the only primer to see are a few large pistol. No rifle primers to be had.
    Sale ads came out for guns they sold out 3 weeks ago. To late to stop the print. No common handgun mags.

Basic Member
    I called a company a while ago about trading 40s&w brass for 38sp. The guy said no I have more then what I can do with it. Funny, got a call from him the other day asking if I still had the brass for trade. Told him no I just traded with another company..

BRIAN G
    Have you also noticed that suddenly the $11 a box fmj practice handgun ammo is now going for $16-$24?????
    It used to be not worth reloading 9mm. Not any more!!

acemisser
    it's a shame how they want to rape you over the coal when things get tough...There should
    be a law about such things...I seen plastic ammo box's today that are normaly
    like 2 to 2.75 marked up to almost 7 bucks now..If that aint rape I don't know what is..

Basic Member
    Let me guess, you were in Gander Mountain
    Last edited by Smokey262; 01-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey262 View Post
    Let me guess, you where in Gander Mountain
    No not Gandermountain..Just a small sporting good store here in Whoville.....I can't beleive people would do that to their own people...Isn't that what they call price gouching or whatever the spelling.

n4ue
    Hi. What I don't understand, is that even all the .22 ammo is gone. A lady who works at one of the local Wal-Marts said some guy came in and bought $2000 worth of ammo. Maybe hoping to flip it??
    Now, the Wally Worlds don't have any ammo except maybe one box of .270, plus signs stating: "Maximum of 3 boxes of ammo per person"......
    A couple of years ago, my boss bought a nice Rock River .223/AR(he had no clue what he was buying, he's rich, and I'm his 'gun person') .
    He was having a big party, with his rich buddies and asked me to 'get some ammo'... When I asked 'how much would you like?', he said "a lot"....
    So, we have, er, a lot. I recently told him it was a great investment!!! Unfortunately.....

ron

Only in a country as superbly dysfunctional as this can anti-gun public sentiment more effectively boost the firearms industry than any advertising the industry could ever come up with on their own.

poorbuthappy

Here we go again!!!

they are talking about confiscation, don't know if would be smart to dump all that money just to turn it over...

Who said we would turn them over?

MOLON LABE
    Last edited by Apache; 01-14-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Who said we would turn them over?

MOLON LABE
    Amen to that, Brother!

poorbuthappy

Here we go again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 319 View Post
    Amen to that, Brother!
    That sounds tough and all, but the same people said he wouldn't be president for long....

Couple things......

Before Thanksgiving shortages were already showing up in .22 LR.

Because demand is high manufacturers are charging more for product, in turn, the retailer passes that on to consumers.

The current reloading shortage is simply because all the wonderful people that think they have to have it all right now because "it's get going to be hard to find and the prices will go up." Congratulations, you have just caused the problem you are trying to blame on someone else.
    Last edited by Jamie; 01-14-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    More shooting, less typing.