Thread: Mark II F replacement sights

Fritz50

Mark II F replacement sights

I have a Mark II F on which I installed fiber optic sights.

Now I think this was a mistake, while the fiber optics are very easy to see they are also huge when compared to the iron sights they replaced. It's like looking at a ballon on the front of the rifle.

I suppose I could put the original iron sights back on but before I do does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement sight or possible lightweight scope?

My goal is to use the Mark II F to hunt small game and I want to keep it as light as possible.

UncleSarge58
    Scope It! You Won't Regret it.
    Look around for a Fixed 4X Scope.
    They tend to be Small, Short & Very Rugged & Very Light.
    Brands to Look at: Burris, Bushnell, Leupold & Weaver.
    Another Benefit to a Fixed Power Scope is No Moving Parts to Fail.
    I have an Old Bushnell 3-9 X 40 on my M93 .22WMR & Love it.
    Personally I Like a Variable & Don't Mind the Xtra Size or Weight.

JCalhoun
    Weaver K4 or K6 are very good fixed power scopes.

or22shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz50 View Post
    I have a Mark II F on which I installed fiber optic sights.

Now I think this was a mistake, while the fiber optics are very easy to see they are also huge when compared to the iron sights they replaced. It's like looking at a ballon on the front of the rifle.

I suppose I could put the original iron sights back on but before I do does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement sight or possible lightweight scope?

My goal is to use the Mark II F to hunt small game and I want to keep it as light as possible.

Where did you find the fiber optic sights and what brand r they?
    I also have an mkii F and want fiber sights cuz I a 2nd mkii fvsr that already has a scope

Fritz50
    They were Williams Firesights. The guys at Bill's Gun Shop & Range in Robbinsdale, MN installed them.
    Never had fiber optic sights before, they were very big for a rifle.

or22shooter
    Happen to have an item number? I have fibers on my 1022 and there so much nicer then reg sights

thomae
    Might I suggest Williams sights, specifically their peep sights (ghost ring). The inside of the peep is threaded and you can put in an adjustable aperture which will help to clarify your sight picture immensely. I am not sure if they make one for the MKII, but you can browse their catalog on line, or you could call them.
    You could also put your original front sight back on but paint it white for better visibility against a dark background.

I will tell you that I replaced the front sight (brass bead) on my 10 FMP with a Williams Firesight. I like it, but of course, that rifle is for deer sized targets at relatively close range. Probably would not do for squirrel head shots.

Fritz50
    I wound up ditching the fiber optic sights and putting on a Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm (wide duplex). Yes the scope is twice the cost of the rifle but at 6.50 oz it adds practically nothing to an already lightweight rifle. You can carry this rig through the woods all day. I had the parallax adjusted to 50 yards because I doubt I could even see a rabbit at 100 yards. With only 2.5 magnification shooting off hand is easy.

or22shooter
    Wanna sell the fibers? I have a mkii with a scope just want my new one to have nice irons for target

or22shooter
    Sorry for the double post
    Last edited by or22shooter; 06-03-2013 at 05:17 PM.