Thread: Buying Two Synthetic Stocks for Savage Short Action Model 11, 243 caliber

Buying Two Synthetic Stocks for Savage Short Action Model 11, 243 caliber

Savage Model 11, Short Action 243, Standard Contour, Center Feed, Box Magazine, 4 3/8" between screws.

I want to purchase two synthetic stocks and convert the rifle to a blind magazine for rigidity. I would like one stock to fit a sporter barrel contour or slightly heavier and another to fit a varmint contour. I will need a trigger guard and also need the screws because I have a box magazine.

Price is a factor, I don't won't to get into the $200 range if I don't have to do so to get decent rigidity and quality. I know how to bed and fit but I don't want to have to do too much in that area. I like tan colors. I live on the prairie.

What stock brands fit and what trigger guard and screws are required? Who would be the supplier for these items?

I would like to have a rotating butt plate/length of pull adjustment if something prone is required. Are there accessories for that?

thomae
    Do a search in this section (Aftermarket Stocks), or just start reading the posts here and you will learn a lot about various aftermarket stocks, prices and availability.
    I don't think you will find something with an adjustable buttpad within your budget. If you become a paid member, you can post a want to buy ad in the classifieds and peruse them to see if someone is selling something close to what you want.
    Best of luck.

Basic Member
    If you keep an eye on the member classifieds for a while you can frequently find Choate Tactical and Varmint stocks for well under your budget; you can go to their website for descriptions. These are very rigid, and come with different size combs and butt-spacers for a good range of adjustment. With an aluminum bedding block that extends into the forend, they are very rigid. Downside is the weight is a little high. Finish is ok; the casting ridges can be sanded and the stock painted any color. I have each of these and would recommend as a good value for the money. The Varmint shoots well prone, and has a different forend profile than the Sniper and is also a little lighter.