Howdy all,
(similar to my introduction post...if you read that move on). So I sprung for the XP youth with the Tasco scope and shorter barrel. I did the 10-24 screw / #9 spring replacement and have the trigger pull down nicely. Used a nylon bushing to tighten up the wobble in the trigger. I stuck a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 scope in it using the original rings. These rings.... I hate them. Has anyone upgraded to others that they prefer. I like the Millett Angle-loc rings usually. So.... all I need to do now is to get some time to break it in properly and then work on sighting it in. This is replacing my trusty Remington 788 which is also a 7mm08. That rifle is heading to the safe to age properly.

So, the first set of questions are... Rings - best ones you have tried? Break in technique? I usually clean & JB, shoot five, clean & JB, shoot 5 clean & JB (up to 20 rounds). I have heard of people just wailing through 20 rounds quickly then cleaning the bore hot. Since there are many more experienced shooters than myself advice appreciated.

Dr.Phil