Thread: Mark II BV Scope Rings?

burtonxrider13

Question Mark II BV Scope Rings?

I just purchased the Mark II BV and it comes with weaver style bases, but I have been doing some reading and it seems like all of the rings that people have tried do not fit... I was just hoping that someone here could help me find some that work or suggest some new bases and rings that would fit! I purchased a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 scope with a 1" diameter. Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm going crazy!!!

Thanks in advance!

Birdieshooter
    If you are planning on putting a scope on that and leaving it on (meaning not wanting a picatinny or some other config to put red dots or other optics on from time to time) I would suggest you get one of these, very nice fit, makes for a great package.

http://www.dnzproducts.com/game-reap...-93r17-mark-ii

burtonxrider13
    Funny that you you should suggest that! I just finished purchasing one of them about five minutes ago! I hope that it works out well. All of the reviews that I read were good, so I'm sure that I won't be disappointed! Have you used them before? I was just wondering if they come with the proper mounting hardware and everything...

Birdieshooter
    Comes with hardware, fits perfectly, perfectly aligned ring bores (no need for lapping), looks great. I have used DNZ products before and I was very happy with them. Everyone I have installed them for loved them.

burtonxrider13
    Well, I guess its back to the drawing board trying to find scope bases... I live in Canada and the export laws prohibit international sales of optics and optics mounting hardware apparently...

Birdieshooter
    Where did you try to order from? Does Midway have a Canadian site?

burtonxrider13
    No, midway doesn't have a Canadian site... I can't believe how difficult it is to find anything that fits in Canada! This is getting crazy! I guess I'll just have to wait until I get the rifle in the mail and take it to a local shop to find something that works with the bases that come on it...

burtonxrider13
    I found one place that I can order Weaver #24 bases that other people say will work, but they want $21 Canadian each and they sell for $5 each in the U.S.

Cycler
    Have you actually tried the Weaver bases with your rings or are you just concerned about what you have read? I have a BVTLS and the Weaver-style bases it came with fit Weaver and Nikon rings with no problems.

Birdieshooter
    Ya, what Cycler said. I don't know who had trouble with what but have never had any difficulty with any weaver style rings on those blocks.

burtonxrider13
    No, I haven't actually tried any rings on the original bases yet... I'm still waiting to receive the rifle from Cabela's. I just wanted to get everything ordered so that I can set it all up when it gets here and I have been doing some research on what to buy. Thats when I came across a number of forums with people saying that the rings that they have tried don't fit the bases... Which rings did you use on your BVTLS?

burtonxrider13
    Two of the types of rings that I can remember them saying didn't work were the Weaver Grand Slams and the Burris Signature Zee Rings.

Basic Member
    I used Weaver tactical rings on my BTVLSS with the factory bases.

Sinkhole
    I just ordered a set of Warne Steel bases the other day. I have Warne QD rings on my scope now. It's a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 and it's coming off a Marlin 336W. I would change the whole setup out. By the way bases for Anshutz 54,54MS,64,64MS & 164 rifles will work, so if you come across those grab them.

JCalhoun
    The trouble some have when putting a scope on these is that the objective bell hits the top of the barrel. I'd suggest going with Weaver style high rings first and then try medium if those are too tall.

Cycler
    Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    The trouble some have when putting a scope on these is that the objective bell hits the top of the barrel. I'd suggest going with Weaver style high rings first and then try medium if those are too tall.
    Yes, I have medium rings on my MkII BTVLS with a Bushnell Elite 3200 4-12x40AO and the objective bell JUST clears the barrel. It is so close I had to notch out the bottom of the objective end of the slip-on lens cover to get it to fit.