Thread: Model 11 3rd position safety problem

Patrick

Model 11 3rd position safety problem

I recently bought a used Model 11 300wsm and the safety stops the trigger in 2nd and 3rd position, it just does not lock the bolt in the 3rd. After some searching I thought I might find a safety adjustment screw behind the trigger, but this just has a spring. No screw. This model has an accutrigger, I am not sure if all of the 11's do or not. I apologize if this has been asked before and I missed it. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks--Patrick

stangfish

Does your trigger look like this on the bottom? Do you see two springs, one for the trigger and one for the accutrigger blade safety? Do you see the hole next to the accutrigger blade safety? It is right behind the spring, second hole from the left. What does that do?
    Last edited by stangfish; 01-14-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Patrick, depending on which way you are counting it could be perfect or it could be broken. Savage uses a three position safety so that you may safely unload the rifle in the middle position, bolt will function, trigger will not. The "3rd" position locks both the bolt and trigger.
    More shooting, less typing.

Patrick
    stangfish--that is what it looks like. I have not messed with any of it yet, because I wanted to make sure I was adjusting the safety and not the accutrigger itself. I can try though, to see what it does. The place you are talking about looks like it has been filled with melted plastic maybe, does that sound right? I will take pictures on my phone tonight when I get home and post them.

Jamie--the bolt never locks.