Thread: 1st Annual North Texas LRSP Shoot

tinkerer

1st Annual North Texas LRSP Shoot

ANNOUNCEMENT:

1st Annual North Texas LRSP (Long range Specialty Pistol) Shoot Scheduled.

When: Sunday, April 28, 9 AM to 5 PM.
    Where: Top Gun Shooting Club, Leonard, TX
    What: 3 gun match, 200 yd Benchrest, Double Distance Silhouette (100-400 yards) and field (whatever, wherever out to 500 yards.
    Food, prizes, shooting, fun.
    How Much: $10 per gun, up to $50 total, all to the range. One time through all 3 events is $30, twice maxs out at $50.

Flyer has been sent to Magnum Mike for posting. Registrations and rules to be posted.

I will be sending enquiries to anyone I think would like to sponsore, door prizes, whatever to get this kicked off.

Come one and all.

Larry
    Tinkerer
    Last edited by tinkerer; 01-09-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Add Forms, Can't

tinkerer

LRSP rules?

OK, been getting some questions about the shoot, and frankly, maybe the questions were a little more detailed than I was prepapred for 4 months in advance, but here goes. Word of warning, was not planning on making this event cast in concrete at this time, so some things may change/evolve as we get closer.

Event 1 - 200 yard benchrest.

Basically IBS 200 yard targets and shooting arrangement, unless we decide differently.5 shots for group, 5 shots for score on 5 targets with 1 sighter target. Wind flags, etc, allowed. strict time limit of 2 minutes per course of fire? Thought about a limit on caliber to 30 and under, but not sure thats necessary.
    Biggest change will be the guns. Strictly LRSP with max 18" barrel, but from a bench ala our big brothers. Rests and rear bags allowed.
    Scoring to be smallest group to largest in rank order and highest score to lowest in rank order and ties settled by shootoff at 500 yards. I like shooting.

Event 2 - double distance silhouette.

Since the range is in yards, so will be shoot. chickens at 100 yards, rams at 400 yards, etc, etc. Standard handgun silhouettes.

Shooting positions are open, just no benches. Both a scope and a iron sight class. Standard time limits of 2 minutes per bank of 5 animals. Again, winners in rank order. Ties go to chickens at 500 yards.

Guns? I'm all for few rules, but? Want to stick with IHMSA guns rules, or go for broke? No target damage. Range has a 338 max.

Event 3 - Field

All kinds of targets at all kinds of range, probably about 10 total over 500 yards. Shooting from ground, spotter OK, time limit.

Again, winners by rank score of # of hits by time limits. Ties to be settled by lollipops at 100. 10 total, 2 minutes.

Grand prize winner will have smallest rank score. If there is a tie, shootoff will be 10 clay birds from 50 to 500 yards. Strict time limits of 2 minutes.

We have the range from 9 AM to 5 PM and I hope the day is full, with time for lunch, and prizes from vendors and suppliers. Know anyone, let me know and I'll be glad to send them a flyer.

Advance registration form available now via email. I have also sent them to the range site.

Well, enough structure for you?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Larry
    Tinkerer

tinkerer

A few rules

OK, been getting some questions about the shoot, and frankly, maybe the questions were a little more detailed than I was prepapred for 4 months in advance, but here goes. Word of warning, was not planning on making this event cast in concrete at thsi time, so some things may change/evolve as we get closer.

Event 1 - 200 yard benchrest.

Basically IBS 200 yard targets and shooting arrangement, unless we decide differently.5 shots for group, 5 shots for score on 5 targets with 1 sighter target. Wind flags, etc, allowed. strict time limit of 2 minutes per course of fire? Thought about a limit on caliber to 30 and under, but not sure thats necessary.
    Biggest change will be the guns. Strictly LRSP with max 18" barrel, but from a bench ala our big brothers. Rests and rear bags allowed.
    Scoring to be smallest group to largest in rank order and highest score to lowest in rank order and ties settled by shootoff at 500 yards. I like shooting.

Event 2 - double distance silhouette.

Since the range is in yards, so will be shoot. chickens at 100 yards, rams at 400 yards, etc, etc. Standard handgun silhouettes.

Shooting positions are open, just no benches. Both a scope and a iron sight class. Standard time limits of 2 minutes per bank of 5 animals. Again, winners in rank order. Ties go to chickens at 500 yards.

Guns? I'm all for few rules, but? Want to stick with IHMSA guns rules, or go for broke? No target damage. Range has a 338 max.

Event 3 - Field

All kinds of targets at all kinds of range, probably about 10 total over 500 yards. Shooting from ground, spotter OK, time limit.

Again, winners by rank score of # of hits by time limits. Ties to be settled by lollipops at 100. 10 total, 2 minutes.

Grand prize winner will have smallest rank score. If there is a tie, shootoff will be 10 clay birds from 50 to 500 yards. Strict time limits of 2 minutes.

We have the range from 9 AM to 5 PM and I hope the day is full, with time for lunch, and prizes from vendors and suppliers. Know anyone, let me know and I'll be glad to send them a flyer.

Advance registration form available now via email. I have also sent them to the range site.

Well, enough structure for you?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Larry
    Tinkerer