Thread: Model 11 Trigger

qlfarm

Model 11 Trigger

Hello all:

I have a model 11 in .223. I can't stand the trigger anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rework the factory trigger? Am I better off just looking for an after market one? I have been searching for a Timney but can't seem to find one for this model. I have never messed with a trigger before so detailed steps are required.

Thanks,

Pat

82boy

Re: Model 11 Trigger

Welcome to the site,Pat.
    Your Model 11 uses the same trigger as ANY of the Savage center fire 110 line up. The next question is: is it a accu-trigger or the old style trigger? If you look in the FAQs section of this site there is instruction on how to adjust the old style trigger. http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,19414.0.html
    Also the search function will give you lots of information on past threads related to your questions.

qlfarm

Thank you for the fast reply.

I am sure it isn't an accu-trigger. It is just a plain old stock trigger with a lot of creep and it feels like 20 pounds of pull.

I will try the adjustment that you linked and see if I can improve it. If not I will go with the Timney. I was looking specifically for the Model 11 when looking for a trigger and couldn't find it; I now understand why.

Thanks again for the info and the welcome.

Pat

wapaloose

Here is a link that works, http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage/

Basic Member

another trigger i would recommend is the SSS competition trigger. the cost was about $95 to your door. When I was researching triggers, I found that the SSS triggers were a lot better than other brands, and were surprisingly cheaper.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97
    another trigger i would recommend is the SSS competition trigger. the cost was about $95 to your door. When I was researching triggers, I found that the SSS triggers were a lot better than other brands, and were surprisingly cheaper.
    I agree 100%

qlfarm

Thanks again for the links! I am going to give reworking a try and see how it goes. If I screw it up too much I can always get the aftermarket trigger.

See ya,

Pat