I just bought a Savage Axis XP 30-06 (Snow Camo with Stainless Barell and Scope) and I am going to begin reloading it. I will post my setup and as my experiments develop I will also update the information. Even though other XP 30-06's will LOVE a different setup more often than not you will see a recurring popular load that seems to work decent across the board. I am loading this post for anyone who wants some kind of direction as where to maybe begin in reloading their Axis 30-06.

SETUP A)

Hornady 165gr. SST Bullets
IMR 4320 Powder (load date not found in Hornady manual but on IMR's website)
New Remington Brass
Federal Large Primers

I set the Bullet Head as far out as I could before touching the lands and on a micrometer it works out to be 3.210 inches.
I am starting with shooting 5 rounds of 4 different types of powder amounts with the above listed SETUP A)
Amounts are as follows:

47.6gr
48.6gr
49.0gr
49.5gr

I will be shooting these and update what groupings I had with each grain at 100yards from a gun rest on a perfect day only. This saturday is looking good for test firing. My estimation is that the 49.0gr round will perform best.
Test conditions will be as perfect as possible, scope kept on the exact same magnification for each shot. I will fire a factory round through before testing to assure COLD BORE is not a factor in the first round fired. Any questions comments feel free to add. Thanks.