I am new to Savage as new can be even at 72, Bought my first 12F Class 6BR, I am now a believer. In my younger years Savage was a 2nd class firearm atleast that was the feeling back then. They have made some great strides, and they are becoming known as the creme of the crop. I have never changed a barrel on a Savage, and I guess the only time I would have to do it if the accuracy went south on me. I am doing a action and getting a barrel for it and the necessary tools to do it. Never have been one to attept the unknown but I am willing to try. Everyone says it is so easy? I was amazed at the number of barrel makers make Savage droop in barrels. The part of go and no go somewhat confuses me. As to when I would have it right and if I could get up enough courage to shoot the rifle after me doing it? I am no Gunsmith by any means, have moved from Maryland to Delaware. I have nobody to boost my confidence for undertaking such a venture. So with all the expertise of the sight here I am sure someone will step forward and help an Old Fart out. Thanks Lou