Thread: Bino's and eyeglasses

Basic Member

Bino's and eyeglasses

I was wondering how others deal with this annoying issue? I even had LASIK done some years back, but the astigmatism came back , so I have had to deal with glasses again for the last few years. The problem is, if I screw in the eye cup, as required, it ends up scratching my glasses lens. That is more than annoying, it's expensive.

I can see pretty well, by taking the glasses off and glassing that way, but I am afraid I will end up with big headaches and/or I will miss seeing the details enough to spot game.

Are there any REAL solutions for eyeglass wearers?

thomae
    I wear glasses with the wrap around wire temples. I bring my binoculars up to my eyes from below, pushing my glasses out of the way. I look through my binocs without my glasses on (the binocs are focused for my uncorrected eyes) and then when I put my binocs down, my glasses go back down into place. Works with my glasses (Lightweight "Air Titanium" brand), but don't know if that technique would work with other types of spectacles.

Basic Member
    I read that style on another forum i posted this thread on. Will give it a try.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    I bring my binoculars up to my eyes from below, pushing my glasses out of the way. I look through my binocs without my glasses on (the binocs are focused for my uncorrected eyes) and then when I put my binocs down, my glasses go back down into place.
    Its how I do it. My "Other eyes" won't drop down by themselves, so in one motion as I lower the bios I extend my ding'n finger and bump them down.

Bill

dredd
    You could consider contacts and use them only when you are going out in the field. I have astigmatism but with contacts get 20/20. If your prescription on your eyeglasses is not too strong you might have similar results. Anyhow, it might be an option to get a box of contacts for use during your time outdoors. Contacts are not for everyone though.

Quickshot
    Have you tried binos with long eye relief? I have no problem seeing thru them with glasses on. Quick