Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 winchester super magnum

Paid Member
    Thats the coolest thing I've seen from shot yet, I want one.

me too I just called Savage and was told April or May but they did not say what year I do think it will make a great woodchuck rifle and easy for an old man like myself to tote.
    The older I get the better I was.

Paid Member
    Sign me up for one, I'm a rimfire whore any way, this has a very high cool factor

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Success will depend greatly on the price of the ammunition. Given current 17 HMR ammo prices compared to some .223 ammo prices, the window is pretty small. Factor in the new 17 Hornady Hornet which offers slightly higher velocities and the window gets even smaller.

17 HRM ammo currently runs from $12-17 for a box of 50.
    17 Hornady Hornet currently runs $17-20 for a box of 25.
    223 Fiocche Extreme 40 or 50gr V-Max is currently $20 for a box of 50
    Winchester is saying about 30 cents a round. Savage saying the B-Max bolt gun chambered for it will be MSRP $349.
    The right to keep and bear arms is from God, the 2A is our guarantee.
    The 2A is protection from a government hell bent on controlling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Old Boy View Post
    Wow great idea I'm still waiting for a 17 hornet have not found one yet. How long will we wait for this rimfire 2-3 years?????????
    Savage is saying the rifle will be out between the end of this April and early summer.
    Have to figure the same for the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug76 View Post
    Savage is saying the rifle will be out between the end of this April and early summer.
    Have to figure the same for the ammo.

Yeah.....they said the .17 Hornet was suppose to be "shipping" in March of 2012 and even today, January of 2013 the shipping is "spotty" at best.

I ordered (and received) from Midway a set of .17 Hornet Hornady dies, 100 pcs, of brass, and just for kicks I included two boxes of factory ammo. I got it all.....way back in May of 2012. It's still sitting on my reloading shelf....under some dust at this point.

Maybe this spring? Tough to say. (I'm speaking of the .17 Hornet now.) So...I wouldn't get too revved up about the "release date" of the .17 mag rimfire.

MHO

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz View Post
    Yeah.....they said the .17 Hornet was suppose to be "shipping" in March of 2012 and even today, January of 2013 the shipping is "spotty" at best.

I ordered (and received) from Midway a set of .17 Hornet Hornady dies, 100 pcs, of brass, and just for kicks I included two boxes of factory ammo. I got it all.....way back in May of 2012. It's still sitting on my reloading shelf....under some dust at this point.

Maybe this spring? Tough to say. (I'm speaking of the .17 Hornet now.) So...I wouldn't get too revved up about the "release date" of the .17 mag rimfire.

MHO

Dave
    Can't argue with that. I've given up using the "hope" word as it has been grossly misused by a particular someone, but lets say I'm optimistic it will show up relatively soon.

Dave i'm with you and. Doug you are in a dream state I think 2014 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Old Boy View Post
    Dave i'm with you and. Doug you are in a dream state I think 2014 at best.
    Unlikely. I live in reality. At any rate, I did say relatively, and 2014 fits that assessment, but I do in fact think it will be sooner.

I held and played with this exact rifle at SHOT this week.

Plastic stock felt cheap, plastic trigger guard, bolt did not cycle smooth. I was not impressed at all. Both of my current Savage rimfires are much nicer. I hope that the production rifles are smoother and they offer a version with a much nicer stock.

Just my opinion on it at first inspection.

I definitely wouldn't hold my breath on the stock. Look how crappy the Axis and Model 25 synthetic stocks are....seems Savage is still more than content to give us less than suitable synthetic's just as they have been for years.
    I've come to believe that everyone should have to pass a simple common sense and I.Q. test before they're allowed to own a gun.

I'm still looking forward to it and hope it's soon.

Here is another vid that mentions $$$$ and availability of the ammo and availability of the Savage

I am so getting one of these as soon as they come out, I think I have one preordered already!!!

Here is a thread about it on another forum:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/ri...ag-here-9.html

9 pages of good reading, articles and all the videos that have been published.
    Ryan

Savage Mark II .17 Mach 2

You and others in that thread are being VERY optimistic about when these guns will be hitting the market. The couple of reviews that have been done were done using prototypes, and the rifles they had at the SHOT Show were already noticeably different than those used in the reviews. Savage tells people every year March, April or May and the reality is that they guns never show up until July, August and September. And even if the rifles were to hit the market as projected, I guarantee you probably won't see any ammunition until early-mid summer as that's what Ohlin-Winchester has projected.
    I've come to believe that everyone should have to pass a simple common sense and I.Q. test before they're allowed to own a gun.