Thread: Savage Serial number whoas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rdbach

Savage Serial number whoas

I know this topic has been covered ...A LOT but this one may be just a lil different. i recently purchased a savage model 110 (can not find any other markings after the 110) there is however a large "G" see attached pics my question is ...what type and year would this be? i know about a Mr. John Callahan that handles historic documents for savage.The sticky part of going that route...lets say wife didnt ...exactly give her blessing on the purchase of this gun..so the more info i can get to show it was a good deal and any additional info would help with the beg for forgiveness angle..as the pic shows its a 30.06... GREAT condition..paid 300 came with scope and old soft case scope is a tasco prong horn..i know this was a gun sold at wal-mart kmart ..everywhere..but this is the odd part..serial num is f0101xx ...any help nailing down the yr and any info would be greatly appreciated
    fixed the pic issue....thanks alot everyone
    http://s1280.beta.photobucket.com/user/rdbach/library/
    Last edited by rdbach; 01-03-2013 at 11:21 PM.

stangfish
    Please hand over your man card.
    I cant help with the date but there are ways to tell an older savage from a newer savage. The trigger type, the magazine type and the Bolt head/feed type can give an idea about the age.

See if this helps
    http://www.savagearms.com/customerse...antyandrepair/

rdbach
    Stangfish..haha yeah i know ...thanks for the link..but prior to f490000 they direct u to john calahan..it has a trap door style mag..trigger is not a accu triggers.....the bolt is a....bolt..for all i know excuse my ignorance in this matter this is my first savage/bolt action rifle period..so iam lost for the most for the most part

Basic Member
    According to the serial# it was made late 1989. I don't know what you are talking about when you say "trap door magazine"...it should be a blind magazine.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

rdbach
    i wont argue the trap door/blind mag...was reading somewhere about a "trap door" just kinda made the guess it was the style i had ...kinda acts like a trap door..but?.. thanks a lot with serial number and your input it is greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by rdbach View Post
    file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/CAM00117.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/CAM00124.jpg
    Sorry, but we can't view photo's stored on your computer. See the following thread on how to post photo's here.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...eman-can-do-it!
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

rdbach
    fixed pics .....thanks a lot for link

Quote Originally Posted by rdbach View Post
    but this is the odd part..serial num is f0101xx ...any help nailing down the yr and any info would be greatly appreciated
    Made in September of 1989.
    Savage- "never say never".

rdbach
    thank you very much...now iam getting picky..hahaha...what about a model?...seems like a straight up 110 is not common...but i havent had a yr till today to research that..thanks again everybody

They don't put the specific letters and such on the barrel, so it will either be stamped a 110 (making it a 110GXP package rifle that came with a cheap scope) or 111G (which indicates a standard hardwood maple stock model). Really doesn't make a difference as they're all the same mechanically.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

rdbach
    I'd definitely go with the cheap scope package...i mean no disrespect on the tasco pep out there..they are what they are...a cheap scope...and savages creed to build a quality product that joe everyman can afford...is hard to pull off with say a.....leopold mounted on them...i really appreciate all the help and responses ive received today..very helpful...very knowledgeable thank u all..nobody every told if it was a good price at 300 hahaha

stangfish
    You payed the very low side of the going price.

rdbach
    well......hopefully it will shoot well....or ...iam on the wrong side of free hahaha

Didn't make 111's in 1989.

Only two it could be is the 110GX which would have the integral weaver mounts like my 7mm-08 but he has over under scope rings on it so that cancels that out so it's gotta be the 110GV (medium varmint barrel).

rdbach
    you guys are incredible...couldnt find this info anywhere but here thanks a lot...plan on shooting her tomorrow..(gun.....not wife) will let you all know how she does....and me for that mater...thanks again

rdbach
    I love this gun....shot excellent...hell,even got the wife to shoot it!!!!! doubt she'll ever do it again....but she did at least try it.....haha..id like to try and work on the action a lili though sure it probably needs to be cleaned up which sure to help...but it seems a lil stiff

rusty815
    While I'm here, anyone know when a Savage with a serial number F290xxx was made?

Quote Originally Posted by rusty815 View Post
    While I'm here, anyone know when a Savage with a serial number F290xxx was made?

rusty815
    Thanks Mad Dog, thought it was made sometime in the 90's, its sucks that im one year out of buying replacement parts from Savage haha.

MisterEddy
    Where are you guys looking up the year from serial number? Any help with a G411XXX?

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEddy View Post
    Where are you guys looking up the year from serial number? Any help with a G411XXX?
    Do a search. http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...determine+date