Happy 2013 to all the great folks out there.

I finally (!!!!) was able to purchase a Model 25 in .17 Hornet. Although I have not yet received the rifle, I have already acquired the dies, bullets, etc to load for this caliber. Since I already reload 29 different calibers, one really strange thing I found fith the .17 Hornet........

I had been watching the price of Hornady .17 brass at Midway. Can't remember the exact $ for 50 cases, but not bad. Next, I noticed that the brass was marked as "clearance" ...hmmmm....
Before I could put in an order, I noticed the price had gone waaay up. In fact, the cost of loaded ammo was very close to the empty brass. WTF???
I ended up ordering loaded ammo.

As I mentioned in another thread, I have not been able to get local gun dealers to even call me to tell me they could either get/or not get a Model 25 or Ruger 77/17! Here I am, in person, waving cash and they could not even be bothered to call me. This includes a local dealer that I bought 4 new rifles from, in 2012
I gave up and just bought a #25 off the internet......So much for the local economy...
BTW, all the local Wal-Marts have sold out of EVERY ar-15 "type" rifle (even .22s). Not only that, they have sold every single round of ammo except a few boxes of 270. Huge signs stating :
"Maximum limit of 3 boxes of ammo per customer"...
ALL THE ANTI GUN folks ARE HAVING JUST THE OPPOSITE EFFECT THEY WANTED!!!!!

ron