Thread: Redfield Revenge Owners. A Question.

Redfield Revenge Owners. A Question.

So I recently purchased a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44 scope. I was doing a lot of research and it had come down between this scope and the Vortex Viper from camera land. Well I had a coupon for optics planet and this scope was having a $30 dolar rebate at the time so this one won out. It is a nice scope that is very clear and well made but I was dissapointed to find out that the turret adjustments are in 1/8 moa clicks despite the online description and the box the scope came in claiming 1/4 moa clicks. Has anyone else run into this? or have I somehow got a fluke with the wrong turret on it? this scope is for my lastest hunting rig build and I really hate 1/8 clicks for hunting scenarios. I live in Arizona and hunt the grey ghost so long shots past 500 yards are quite common. Anyways just asking for a little feed back. Thanks.

Here is the link to the scope on optics planet.
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/redfield...fle-scope.html

Just ordered one of these myself last week. I settled on the Revenge after reading a lot of reviews. To me, the 1/8" click is not a problem but there have been a lot of complaints about the screw up in scope description. I live in New Mexico and hunt predators at long range also. I seldom use windage or elevation adjustments for long shots with any scope that has built in windage and elevation marks on the reticle but that is just my preference. You might give Leupold a call and see if they will take it back.
    Better yet, you might put it up for sale here. These scopes have a good rep so far and it should sell. If I didn't have one on the way, I would take it off your hands for sure.
    Last edited by wbm; 01-02-2013 at 09:52 AM.

I bought the standard reticle because I always dial rather than hold over, just the way I roll. The 1/8 doesn't bother me on the bench but when out in the field when you have to make a couple full rotations on the dial to make an 800 yrd plus shot it can get a bit confusing when you are all pumped up with a critter in the cross hairs. I thought about posting for sale but I will give it a go before I decide for sure.

Basic Member
    My 4-12 has the 1/4" but am not impressed with the turrets. Not confident clicks! Feel more like a plastic geared alarm clock. Just don't like the way they feel. On the other hand its warrantied for life should it go south.

Yeah that is their only saving grace. The waranty is good but so is Vortex and Nikons. The turrets on mine are crisp and feel good. overall the only complaints I have is weight and the 1/8 clicks. The rifle should be back from the smith next weekend so we will go from there.