Thread: Need a recoil lug for an accu-rail stock

jefo1

Need a recoil lug for an accu-rail stock

Just about finished putting my model 10 into an accu-stock I got a couple weeks ago. Found out last night (duh) that the standard recoil lug will not work with the accu-rail. Midway has them on backorder until feb, and my gunsmith is out of town for 2 weeks, so ordering from Savage is out of the question (I really wanted to have this rifle together for a trip at the end of the month) Haven't contacted SSS or Jim B yet, figured I'd ask you guys and see if you knew what options I have. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Doubt SSS will have one unless Fred has one he took off a customers rifle at some point. Jim might, but that's probably a long-shot as well. Have you checked the parts finder on Savage's website to verify it's a restricted part? If not you can order it directly from them online.

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I just saw one at MidwayUSA last night under gun parts.
    IN STOCK TOO!

jefo1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Doubt SSS will have one unless Fred has one he took off a customers rifle at some point. Jim might, but that's probably a long-shot as well. Have you checked the parts finder on Savage's website to verify it's a restricted part? If not you can order it directly from them online.

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/

Restricted to gunsmiths,...checked last night

jefo1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    I just saw one at MidwayUSA last night under gun parts.
    IN STOCK TOO!
    I must be missing something....both lugs for a standard shank where backordered or special order,...only large shank lugs in stock....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/661...ail-steel-blue

It is a large shank sorry. I don't see why you could file/grind down a regular recoil lug. Just an idea.

Basic Member
    probably end up filing it down anyway, allmost all of them hit or bottom out on the stock anyways.i have 3 and they all set on the recoil lug. put some marker on it and check it, and put marker on the front of the alum. part of the stock where the action rests on, and you'll see that it does not even touch.file some off till you have full contact, and see how different it shoots. MARK25-06