Thread: 308 cal blind mag savage axis?

788kid

308 cal blind mag savage axis?

hey yall, i have a lil question i have looked it up but wasnt getting the info i needed, so im not really a fan of the mags on this lil 308 axis, i have done barrel swaps and stock mods to alot of savages but this is the first axis i have owned, , is their a easy way to make this into a internal or blind mag? any help on this issue wld be great thnaks guys

Gmac5
    Not very easy ,due to the rather small ejection port.
    I have made some with blind mags ,but you need to cycle unfired shells in the mag thru the action,which only works if your loaded round fits thru the port.
    Gary

788kid
    o ok thanks, i guess i just need to make my mind up weather or not i want to single shot it or have the mag then, im kinda leaning towrds single shot just so i can keep toying around with the stock im building

Gmac5
    Glad to see your making your own stock. Benchrest or target or other? Good luck and i also love Rem 788s
    Gary

788kid
    well as of now its just kinda other lol just gonna be sumpthin that looks decent and shoots decent, i took the gun on trade and can never leave stuff alone long, and yup the 788's are very underestimated still have the first one i recieved as a gift and just keep adding on the the collection of them. Have you messed with the axis stocks much?

Basic Member
    Do you mean the stock Axis port will not allow a loaded round to eject? That seems rediculous. So if you happen to get a misfire, you have to pull the magazine and drop the round out through the mag well? I really cannot see Savage building a rifle like that.

Gmac5
    No handirifle thats not what i said. Some of us really customize ,with non factory chamberings. That being said think about it unless your fingers are the size of my 10 year old neice ,how do you plan on loading the blind mag? Gonna push the cartridges down with a tool , stick ,or some small childs finger ?
    Hope you understand ,Gary

788kid
    well its been a while, project has been on the back burner, any one else mess around and build a blind mag for a different stock?