Thread: Talley Rings & Mounts?

Clint KY

Talley Rings & Mounts?

Sometime ago I bought a Stevens 200 in 7MM-08 and it came with a set of Millett mounts which are pitiful. I have done a bit to the rifle – replaced the plastic stock with a Savage stock and installed a Rifle Basix trigger. Now I am in the process of replacing the scope and mounts. In my internet search I came across Talley Rings & Mounts. They offer a one piece ring and mount which really appeals to me. Has anyone ever used these and if so what if any feedback do you have.

brd922001
    Most of my Savage rifles have Talley rings. I have had zero problems. I would suggest getting the extended front ring to allow you to set the scope back an additional quarter inch.

Clint KY
    Thanks - I plan on waiting till the new scope gets here so I cam measure the height. I emailed Talley and they suggested the extended ring. I did not think I would need it. I will wait till I know exactly what I need, since I probably won't need the gun till next fall. I have selected a Bushnell 6-18X50 to replace the Simmons 3-9X50 it wears now. The gun is primarily for coyotes but the range is only 50 - 100 yards since I have a pond I shoot over. I hope to hunt a friends farm and may get some longer shots.

ODA 0121
    Clint,
    I have not used the Talley one piece rings but I am now using the new Talley picatinny rail and tactical rings. I like them better than Badger or Seekins or NF...
    The rings have the best design to lock into the picatinny that I've seen. I don't think they are on Talley's website yet but you can find them and photos of them via a search.

Clint KY
    I can not use a rail, as my rifle is a blind magazine and I need all the access I can get. The rail, or any one piece mount for that matter, would severely limit how much room I have to load and unload the rifle. I think the elimination of the joint between the mount and the rings removes the one thing that will allow a scope to be knocked out of alignment.