Thread: Jard Trigger

Smokepole

Jard Trigger

Anybody used one? Looks like it comes w a new sear that in combination w the trigger relocates the sear/trigger interface closer to the trigger pivot for more leverage.

BillPa

Re: Jard Trigger

I haven't used one, but here is a thread on them. Read the last post, page two.
    http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,21184.0.html

Bill

Smokepole

From the other post. Forum recommended I start a new topic since that one was so old. So I figured I'd move it here to keep it alive. Thanks for the reference BillPa; much appreciated.

"Well I received the Jard triggers and I can report that I am not impressed at all. I spent around 2 hours trying to get one to work and decided just to send them back to Brownells. The new sear that is included in the package was too tight fitting on the receiver and I couldn't get the sear to return to reset. I didn't want to modify it to make it fit. A stock Savage sear return spring would also not work as the contact points are different on the Jard and you would need a new unbent return spring to make it function. I'll personally stick with the SSS or Timney in the future. I cannot recommend the Jard trigger based on my experience. It can be made to work but its suppose to be a drop in install and that it is not."

So, w some stoning to open up the Jard sear, I suppose one could then evaluate the product. I may call Jard to see what their recommendations are and what sear return spring is recommended.

It will have slightly more creep due to the difference in trigger and sear lever lengths. But, that extra leverage the trigger has on the sear should allow you to drop the sear/trigger interference down which would cut out more creep. It may indeed be 'more' creep, but it won't be directly proportional to the change in geometry vs the stocker, and it may not even be perceivable next to the lightened pull.

BillPa

As I said Smoke, I haven't used a Jard to say one way or the other. I use mostly Timneys on my sporters and SSS Comps on the vermin clubs.

Bill

Smokepole

Since this forum probably covers oodles of Savage enthusiasts and none of us have one, they ought to drop the price! ;D

woody

I had one on a AR and didn't like it at all, ended up replacing it.