Thread: 111 DBM stuck

Morti55

111 DBM stuck

I just bought a used 111 270win as a present for my brother. The DBM May be aftermarket as I can see no caliber markings on it. No matter how hard i press the Side release button the mag will not eject. I FUBARed the wire spring on the opposite side of the button as it was catching a tab on the mag itself, not allowing the mag to drop. The sheet metal blued spring can only go in one way and still have the release lever on the side of the mag in the correct position. Also I am questioning the position of the bolt, it sticks out at about 90* from the stock and the safety only has 2 position fire and 1/2 the red dot covered, not fully covered. The serial is G243xxx. Additionally, I do not see a serial number on the bolt, my 111 270win does have it on the bolt. He can live without the mag being detachable. Just wondering why his bolt does not drop as far as mine does and why the thumb safety seems to be bad. Mine has the safety on the bolt. Probably needs the attention of a good gunsmith. Thanks for you time,Marty

stangfish
    Some boob has been jackin with your stuff. See if you can pull the barreled action out and go from there. Pictures help.
    Last edited by stangfish; 12-24-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Morti55
    Addendum: The bolt Does have the Savage logo etched on it but no serial number. Just wondering mostly about the safety position or lack thereof. Thank,Marty

If the bolt isn't closing all the was, most likely it is one of the the front scope base screws is too long...remove the front scope base and the see if the bolt closes properly. If it isn't that, the front action screw could be too long.

Not sure about mag problem though, good luck and keep us posted.

Safety may not function correctly until bolt closes all the way.
    Regards,
    Dan