Thread: SS scopes

SS scopes

A point of interest for those looking for a new scope. SWFA is about to come out with a 6x fixed power to go along with the 10x 16x 20x at the same price level.
    They are also coming out with a new variable maybe 4.8x20, to go along with the 3x9 no mention of price.
    These will be 2 new scopes to an already outstanding line of optics that are worth alot more than the selling price.
    Go to www.opticstalk.com and read about them.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

pa hog

Re: SS scopes

Yep,I wonder if they also will have mushy clicks and sad glass like the rest of their line-up

dcloco

.....and too thick of crosshairs.

pa hog

Oh ya, that too!

davemhughes

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Hog
    Yep,I wonder if they also will have mushy clicks and sad glass like the rest of their line-up
    You think, that's not good to hear as I have one arriving tomorrow. This is actually the only negative info I have seen is on this site. I read review after review before my purchase and they all said they were well worth the money. I guess I will see tomorrow.

pa hog

I've had two and seen quite a few more, IMHO the 10x Bushnell Elite 3200 is much better scope, and the Vipers are much better for almost the same money. 5 years ago they may have been a good buy but not anymore.

Uncle Jack

Come on, guys, don't sugar coat it like that.

uj

Basic Member

In summer of 2008 a guy at the range was showing me his new savage and it was equipped with the 10x SS. He was very proud of both. I asked him if I could look through the SS and he said yes.

I thought that it was bright, but very sensitive to where your eye needs to be to see a full view.

Not defending anyone but as far as mushy clicks go there are post over there that state all that is needed is to run the adjustments through a complete cycle, up/down, left/right a few times and it disperses the grease and clears up the problem. Personally I own 4 of them and have not had the problem, mine are loud and firm.
    On the glass, there are a few there that are optics people and they put the glass on par with much more expensive scopes. Some place them with scopes costing in the $1300 range, which is not bad considering they only cost $300-$600 depending on what you buy.
    I have had a couple of medium dollar range scopes$500-$700 and to be honest I like my 20x ss scopes a lot more, they are brighter and much more durable holding zero no matter what.
    Everyone has an opinion and this is mine.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

davemhughes

Well my SS arrived today. Like a poster said it is sensitive as to where your eye is at to get a full view. I think the optic are bright and clear, much better than the Vortex scope I just took off. The turrets were crisp and firm when running through the full ranges. It appears to be solid construction. I put the new EGW 0 MOA base on and mounted it with SS rings, then capped it with Butler Creek covers. Of course as it always seems, it never fails, I dropped it 5 minutes after I opened the box, looks to be no harm no foul.

All in all I am very pleased with my initial opinion of it and consider it money well spent.