Thread: vortex 6.5-20-44

Basic Member

vortex 6.5-20-44

just built a 260 with stevens action, 26 in shilen varmint barrel, bell and carlson medalist tactical stock. Looking at the vortex that cameraland has on sell for 279.99 to put on this gun. anyone have this scope and how do you like it? Is this a good scope for long range shooting. say 500 out to 1000 yards? Thanks.

KRP
    For the money I don't know that you can beat it for a new scope, I've got a couple. Depending on what you're doing you may find the crosshairs a little heavy and the magnification low, but still a great deal and you can always upgrade when/if you "need" to.

I just put one on my build. Would not hesitate to buy that scope again. Especially for the money.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I have 2 & looking at getting a 3rd for an '06. Great scope with an excellent warranty. One of the few if not only scope companys that have it picked up at your door & delivered back to you when repaired / replaced - promptly.

Even when I had a Crossfire & it wouldn't hold zero, it went back twice at their expense. They finally cut me a deal on replacing it with a Viper.

I do notice subtle differences from glass to glass however, not a concern. Both stay clear & sharp at max mag, the SF on both ranges accurately, no complaints at all.
    Good luck with your scope shopping.
    Frank in Fla.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Basic Member
    I have two of the 6.5x20-44 Vortex scopes on Stevens actions and will purchase another one next year for my 6/250 project. Great scopes!! Not sure what base and rings you are looking at, but I have the EGW one piece Picatinny with Burris XTR Xtreme rings.

"Even when I had a Crossfire & it wouldn't hold zero"
    I have 6 of them and they all have that same problem. I tell ya I waste more ammo resetting them,

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

jotrot
    i had 2 with the target dot, they always tracked like they supposed to and im already regreating selling them. the only thing you might not care for is the reticle but you also might like it.

helotaxi
    At least for now, it's the scope on my long range hunting rifle. It might get upgraded at some point but for the time being...