Hello all just registered to your forum. Purchased a 204, like the feel of the rifle with the exception of the plastic trigger guard, and to the point of the message the detachable mag. It's supposed to hold four rounds but the fourth is more than difficult to insert. Even with three rounds in the mag it has to manipulated just so to insert into the gun. And then if removed, again adjusted before reinserting. No repeatability. I found reviews on the Midway shooters supply site while looking for replacements. There was several people with the same issue. I won't be able to contact savage until Friday,but one of the reviewers noted they would replace the bad one with another bad one . OH Yay!! No shots fired yet as it was a gift from my wife and will wait until after Christmas per her request.

Anyone had this problem or found a solution? Didn't know if a gunsmith could use a different spring or alter the existing one in the magazine. The spring seems like it's the problem. Thanks for any input.